Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Restrictions and Covid

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2020, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Travel Restrictions and Covid

I have company business traveling from Ohio to Boston are they any travel restrictions on this route with regard to self quarantine or proof of positive test when arriving in Boston from Ohio. I know this changes based on numbers. Thanks
Old Nov 12, 2020, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
I have company business traveling from Ohio to Boston are they any travel restrictions on this route with regard to self quarantine or proof of positive test when arriving in Boston from Ohio. I know this changes based on numbers. Thanks
Apparently, yes. Proof of negative test or quarantine 14 days - on pain of $500 fine.

A testing facility at Logan's Terminal E is operational. Seven testing rooms handle over 400 tests per day, Since it's outside security, I'm not sure how this works for arriving passengers.

"Results for the rapid molecular test, which costs $200 upfront, would come back within 15 minutes. Travelers can schedule a test ahead online or walk up and get a test."
Old Nov 12, 2020, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Wow, $200?? More than a domestic plane ticket!
drooley likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This really has nothing to do with WN. Hopefully a Mod will be along to move this to New England where there is extensive discussion and information. To be clear, in order to avoid quarantine one must have a pre-arrival negative test (see link below for the governor's order and explanatory information). If you wait until arrival for the test, you are in quarantine until your test arrives. The rapid test only takes 15 minutes, but has a high false positive rate. If you rapid test positive, they then run a standard test and that takes 2-3 days to come back, during which time you would be isolated.

Also seems a bad idea for anyone to travel without a test. If you are positive, you presumably want to be treated at home. As this is work-related, I would also presume that an employer does not want the risk and liability associated with sending those shedding the virus

https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order
Old Nov 12, 2020, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by LegalTender
Apparently, yes. Proof of negative test or quarantine 14 days - on pain of $500 fine.
The absurdity of the restricted states list aside, has anyone actually been charged the fine?
joshua362, kennycrudup and drooley like this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by m907
The absurdity of the restricted states list aside, has anyone actually been charged the fine?
No MA numbers. There have been 45 fines given out to people not following out-of-state travel requirements in CT.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 7:04 pm
Suspended

The issue isn't the fine, it is simply that most people are law-abiding and don't have a particular desire to travel from a red zone and infect the people with whom they interact. That is especially true of family, friends, and business colleagues.

Even looking it as a purely selfish matter, hard to imagine traveling without knowing that one has tested negative. There are no certainties and one can certainly become infected while traveling, but if one does get sick, doing so far from home is a poor place.
Barrheadlass and steved5480 like this.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 5:40 pm

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
I've flown once and will be flying again this week. I have a plan in place if me or a member of my travelling party is hit with a quarantine notice or gets sick while we are gone to minimize the risk to anyone else around us.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by EAJuggalo
I've flown once and will be flying again this week. I have a plan in place if me or a member of my travelling party is hit with a quarantine notice or gets sick while we are gone to minimize the risk to anyone else around us.
No idea what you plan(s) are, but getting stuck in a hotel for two weeks sucks.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 4:52 pm
Suspended

OP is confusing Massachusetts with some other place. There is no quarantine notice in the ordinary course. Under Massachusetts law, he is subject to a 14-day quarantine unless he has a negative Covid test result complying with the law's timelines.

Many of these threads get hijacked into a discussion of whether it's possible to violate the law. It likely is. But, that isn't the point.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 10:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by m907
CT has, but all of those who were fined gloated either on social media or in person about traveling recently and were reported to the state by neighbors/co-workers/friends/strangers. No one has been charged that no one reported or acknowledged that they left the state, it's purely on a "honor system" basis. Last few times I've flown into BDL they had someone downstairs in baggage claim telling people to make sure they fill out a form, but nothing else and they weren't there when I came in around midnight. HVN (when they had AA service) had no one besides a posted piece of paper.

NY on the other hand I have heard reports that the National Guard is actually enforcing that you have completed a form, although I haven't flown into/out of NY state since the beginning of the year so unsure how it works or if it varies from airport to airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.