Wiki Posts
Search

Beverage Service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2022, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
Originally Posted by GoldenArgosy
Not a flight attendant or a Southwest employee here..... But I just want to say.....The fight attendants are NOT the one who made the policy to not serve alcohol for the past two years... I've read these posts here and other places where frequent flyers are talking about handing out tons of of old coupons to everyone around them.....

Come on, man..... These flight attendants could be your neighbors, your husbands or wives... your kids.... THEY didn't make up the no-booze policy that has been around the last coupe of years... why make their job harder?

No reason to be passing around a bunch of expired coupons to your seatmates just to make the flight attendants work harder.
We're not asking them to make a cosmo or a grasshopper or an old fashioned or anything like that. They serve minis, and they don't even have to open it.

joshua362 and KeithRedford like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Some of us old-timers may remember a day waaaaaaaay back in time where FAs used to actually serve drinks to an entire plane- almost like it was their job!

... now get off'a mah lawn!
Old Feb 22, 2022, 9:20 am

Not a flight attendant or a Southwest employee here..... But I just want to say.....The fight attendants are NOT the one who made the policy to not serve alcohol for the past two years... I've read these posts here and other places where frequent flyers are talking about handing out tons of of old coupons to everyone around them.....

Come on, man..... These flight attendants could be your neighbors, your husbands or wives... your kids.... THEY didn't make up the no-booze policy that has been around the last coupe of years... why make their job harder?

No reason to be passing around a bunch of expired coupons to your seatmates just to make the flight attendants work harder.
Actually the Flight Attendants Union may not have made the initial call but they have resisted efforts to bring full cabin service back.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 8:42 pm

I respect the fa's job. I also expect alcohol service. I understand how stupid people are and why they would like to eliminate it. I'm guessing 80% of an fa's problems on a flight are from someone who had five beers before the flight and now needs to piss while the plane is in line for take off and make a big deal about being allowed to use the bathroom. I know that one for fact actually. But I still want service.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Some of us old-timers may remember a day waaaaaaaay back in time where FAs used to actually serve drinks to an entire plane- almost like it was their job!

I remember the snack packs they offered on cross country flight and the proactive offering of a full can of pop. Good times!
joshua362 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by beerme1
I respect the fa's job. I also expect alcohol service. I understand how stupid people are and why they would like to eliminate it. I'm guessing 80% of an fa's problems on a flight are from someone who had five beers before the flight and now needs to piss while the plane is in line for take off and make a big deal about being allowed to use the bathroom. I know that one for fact actually. But I still want service.
user name checks out
Exiled in Express and beerme1 like this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup

Some of us also remember when we could smoke on the plane!

I think times change.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 8:34 pm

Some of us also remember when we could smoke on the plane! I think times change.
... if you keep making huge and ridiculous stretches like that you're gonna pull your arms off, Carrie Nation
Old May 30, 2022, 3:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I flew RDU-BWI-JAX over the weekend. Both flights were on 737-800s. I was glad to get a drink on RDU-BWI again, this one was often a no service during COVID flight. And for BWI-JAX they're closer to a full menu than my last few flights.

The liquors they have are sure bottom shelf though. My wife said the sparkling wine was undrinkable and the vodka I had was bad too. Also the FAs on both flights took drinks to passengers two at a time so it took an hour on BWI-JAX to get a drink in row 9.
Old May 30, 2022, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
My wife said the sparkling wine was undrinkable
... yup, she's had it
steved5480 likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 8:03 pm

How can vodka be bad?
Row 9 should have been the first row served by the second FA.
I'm glad to see the return of drink service and drink coupons.
Old May 31, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by jjbiv
How can vodka be bad?
Fleischmanns, Old Mr Boston to name a few that taste like rubbing alcohol and will have you seeing double...
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:32 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Flew BNA-BWI-RDU yesterday. BNA-BWI was the same situation I described above where the FAs were bringing out drinks two at a time. Great service though, they offered us refills.

BWI-RDU the FA announced that due to an "industry wide shortage" of cups there were no hot beverages. That's a new one for me.

Incidentally the lime vodka was pretty good.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 12:31 pm

BWI-RDU the FA announced that due to an "industry wide shortage" of cups there were no hot beverages. That's a new one for me.

Same happened on my HNL-LAX earlier this week.
No hot beverages because their paper cup supplier is experiencing a paper shortage, and they can't easily replace them with the amount of cups the airline goes through daily.

Last edited by hur88; Jun 3, 2022 at 12:32 pm Reason: forgot to quote
Old Jun 3, 2022, 1:01 pm

Flew BNA-BWI-RDU yesterday. BNA-BWI was the same situation I described above where the FAs were bringing out drinks two at a time. Great service though, they offered us refills.

Incidentally the lime vodka was pretty good.
Happened to me on Wednesday evening. Fortunately I wanted a Wild Turkey and Seltzer. This morning when I got to my office building there was a local hotel group handing out coffee and doughnuts, in honor of National Doughnut Day, Who knew. They seemed to have plenty of hot cups.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.