Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WN next new city to be announced

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2021, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by LegalTender
NPS listed around 3 million visitors all of 2019.

Visitation in 2020 was down 70% in June, 50% in July, 40% in August and 30% in September. A surge in October saw 125,544 visitors compared to 78,408 in October 2019.
Yes, but that 3 million is largely from July to September. Even when down in 2020 I flew a couple jam packed 737s in and out of there. I just believe in the area dang it. I hope it continues to grow lol. I love it...for 3 months.

I'm actually surprised October saw that jump...the weather was gorgeous the first week, but then GTTS road was shut down earlier than normal in 2020 due to Snow the 2nd week of October. I think it was closed around the 9th or so when they were hoping to keep it open another 2 weeks.

Maybe BZN could capture everything in the region well enough...I'm just tired of driving after I started flying! Haha.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by 737MAX8
GNP gets a million visitors a month during peak season...don't think WN could make it work from say mid June to early October? I don't see why not with the before mentioned airlines already filling up 737s there and WN's strong domestic leisure network.
I think they can and should, I was just expressing doubt that they will.

Then again, MTJ and HDN still seem like weird plays for Southwest given the low passenger volume. If they wanted to push harder into leisure travel, BZN seems more obvious. So who knows.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by m907
I think they can and should, I was just expressing doubt that they will.

Then again, MTJ and HDN still seem like weird plays for Southwest given the low passenger volume. If they wanted to push harder into leisure travel, BZN seems more obvious. So who knows.
Sounds like MTJ and HDN have been doing well per the Q4 release!

Hopefully thats a thumbs up to try more seasonal destinations.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by 737MAX8
Sounds like MTJ and HDN have been doing well per the Q4 release!

Hopefully thats a thumbs up to try more seasonal destinations.
Excellent! I'm so happy for it!! I'm glad they are doing so well.

Hopefully they will add more nonstop flight from MTJ or HDN to BWI, BNA, PHX or LAS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.