Wiki Posts
Search

WN next new city to be announced

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2020, 1:57 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by pinniped
It doesn't quite seem to fit the WN mold, but I would love BZN personally. We've been talking about a Yellowstone / Glacier trip and the main thing that's held us back is that the travel to/from is arduous. Either roadtrip the whole thing, or buy expensive flights to somewhere not-that-close and still do a lot of driving.

While BZN would be a fantastic way to use United miles, the couple times I've looked in the past I haven't been able to find 4 together or even 2 and 2 on flights that aren't a whole day apart. (I lack high UA status.)
I have zero UA status but there were multiple 15k (saver) award seats on the SFO nonstops for both BZN and JAC every day of the week except Sunday. This was the week before Labor Day IIRC. I had no problem changing dates and cities at the last minute. The flights were mostly empty, with nobody within 6 feet on an E175. The airplane was safer than the park, which was pretty crowded.
N830MH likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by pinniped
It doesn't quite seem to fit the WN mold, but I would love BZN personally. We've been talking about a Yellowstone / Glacier trip and the main thing that's held us back is that the travel to/from is arduous. Either roadtrip the whole thing, or buy expensive flights to somewhere not-that-close and still do a lot of driving.
You're talking about traveling to/from a Southwest airport, or an airport generally? JAC, BZN, COD, WYS, even BIL are within two hours of Yellowstone.

For Southwest cities, GEG gets you near Glacier, but it's still a significant drive.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Rumors, rumors! WN will be next new city to be announced. My guess is FAT, BZN, JFK, MYR, DAB, ANC or SWF. The next schedule is on December 10, 2020.

You will see SAV-DEN nonstop is possibilities or new Florida flight.

MIA-ATL/DEN/BNA will be announced. MIA is said to be strong enough to see flights increasing by 10. 20>30 flights.

IAH and JAN scheduled should be released.

IAH has been talked about around 20 flights. Speculation has PHX, LAS, DAL, MDW, STL BWI, and DEN.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
Rumors, rumors! WN will be next new city to be announced. My guess is FAT, BZN, JFK, MYR, DAB, ANC or SWF. The next schedule is on December 10, 2020.

You will see SAV-DEN nonstop is possibilities or new Florida flight.

MIA-ATL/DEN/BNA will be announced. MIA is said to be strong enough to see flights increasing by 10. 20>30 flights.

IAH and JAN scheduled should be released.

IAH has been talked about around 20 flights. Speculation has PHX, LAS, DAL, MDW, STL BWI, and DEN.
ANC would be awesome but seems unlikely.
mile ho likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
I will guess EGE (Vail) or Aspen (ASE). Southwest said they would add more ski town in Colorado earlier.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 11:12 am

I could see TYS, FAT, and maybe something seasonal for summer like JAC or BZN.

ANC would be amazing but still another year away IMO
Old Dec 7, 2020, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 737MAX8
I could see TYS, FAT, and maybe something seasonal for summer like JAC or BZN.

ANC would be amazing but still another year away IMO
I have doubt that. TYS was former AirTran. They flew it before and they has been abandon it. Due to acquisition AirTran.

Originally Posted by MileHighColorado
I will guess EGE (Vail) or Aspen (ASE). Southwest said they would add more ski town in Colorado earlier.
I have doubt that. ASE is very short runway, but they cannot landed in ASE. the runway is only 6,000 length feet.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 7:06 am

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
You right about ASE. They are looking to expand the runway.

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/aspe...ill-they-come/
N830MH likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MileHighColorado
You right about ASE. They are looking to expand the runway.

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/aspe...ill-they-come/

Yes, they have wait for next several years. Once runway construction is completed. If they extended the runway. They will allow to bring 737 into Aspen.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 5:22 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by m907
ANC would be awesome but seems unlikely.
Way back in time Southwest acquired Morris Air which flew to Anchorage. Along with several other cities it was subsequently cancelled.
m907 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So now they already announced Santa Barbara (SBA) and Fresno, CA (FAT). What are next new city to be announced???!?!?

Guess who?? Which city??

Let the speculation begin!
Old Dec 20, 2020, 8:22 am

Programs: WN AL+/CP, HHonors Diamond
RST

I think they should fly an RST route. Go chase some of that med city money.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels
After the Pandemic is over and the border is fully opened I hope Southwest adds some cities in Canada such as YVR, YYC, YEG and YYZ to start.
N830MH likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by m907
They have a big blind spot in Montana/Wyoming. BZN would seem like a good fit.
I too wish Souhwest would open up service to Montana, as I go out there every Fall and I'd settle for service to Boseman, Billings, or Mizzoula.
dc2, N830MH and m907 like this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Loose Cannon
After the Pandemic is over and the border is fully opened I hope Southwest adds some cities in Canada such as YVR, YYC, YEG and YYZ to start.
or YHZ, YYJ, YOW, YUL.
dlaue likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.