FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Off to Vegas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/2026781-off-vegas.html)

danielonn Oct 12, 20 8:30 pm

Off to Vegas

"Got my Bags ready to fly I'm leaving on a 737 on the road again".

Yes I am going to Vegas for 11 nights 12.5 Days from San Jose CA. Ready to get out of the Silicon Valley to another State.

Anyone want to join?

smf_ltn Oct 12, 20 8:41 pm

Careful at the poker tables. Partitions make it hard to communicate with dealer. Friend saw a dispute at the nearby table as patron turned over cards and said "flush" but dealer heard "push" and took the cards thus killing the hand.

Have fun!

danielonn Oct 12, 20 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by smf_ltn (Post 32743186)
Careful at the poker tables. Partitions make it hard to communicate with dealer. Friend saw a dispute at the nearby table as patron turned over cards and said "flush" but dealer heard "push" and took the cards thus killing the hand.

Have fun!

Thanks but my Poker Face went to Lady Gaga LOL!

737MAX8 Oct 13, 20 10:17 am

11 nights in Vegas? Sheesh

But seriously OP be safe out there, big increase in violence on the strip lately.

Jaimito Cartero Oct 13, 20 10:25 am

Unless I was in a poker tournament or such, I canít think of any reason to be in Vegas for more than a week. Especially during Covid times.

thebat Oct 13, 20 5:52 pm

Cards read

Originally Posted by smf_ltn (Post 32743186)

Have fun!

Have they changed the rules? It used to be ďthe cards readď meaning your hand was what it was, not what you called it.

flyer4512 Oct 13, 20 5:58 pm

Be careful, a lot of violence in Vegas, there was another shooting on the strip Saturday

NoStressHere Oct 13, 20 7:44 pm

11 nights in Vegas. My banker will not allow it. LOL!

Beachchaser Oct 13, 20 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by 737MAX8 (Post 32744637)
11 nights in Vegas? Sheesh

But seriously OP be safe out there, big increase in violence on the strip lately.

I thought 3.5 days was the max for a Vegas trip unless your attending a tradeshow/convention.

Beachchaser Oct 13, 20 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere (Post 32746002)
11 nights in Vegas. My banker will not allow it. LOL!

just play true penny slots and get a few comp well liquor drinks.

NextTrip Oct 14, 20 1:55 am

Originally Posted by danielonn (Post 32743169)
"Got my Bags ready to fly I'm leaving on a 737 on the road again".

Yes I am going to Vegas for 11 nights 12.5 Days from San Jose CA. Ready to get out of the Silicon Valley to another State.

Anyone want to join?

Already in Vegas! What are you going to be doing here for 11 nights?

tatterdema Oct 14, 20 2:49 am

I would join you, but afraid I would bore you to death. I would spend my entire week laying by the pool reading a book. Unfortunately the weather is a bit cold this time of year, so I am off to Puerto Vallarta for a week instead.

Stay safe, both LAS and PVR are hotspots right now.

thebat Oct 14, 20 8:31 am

How is it

Originally Posted by NextTrip (Post 32746403)
Already in Vegas! What are you going to be doing here for 11 nights?

Is everything open? Any shows? Bars? Whatís the vibe? Iím really curious, we cancelled a late September trip.

NoStressHere Oct 14, 20 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by thebat (Post 32746984)
Is everything open? Any shows? Bars? Whatís the vibe? Iím really curious, we cancelled a late September trip.

Here is the flyertalk equivelent for vegas : https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php

the answers to your question change daily...

flyer4512 Oct 14, 20 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Beachchaser (Post 32746137)
just play true penny slots and get a few comp well liquor drinks.

Most penny slots cost at least 50 cents per spin but you can do a lot better than well drinks