Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Russian satellite delays flights?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2020, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Russian satellite delays flights?

I was picking up an associate this AM at BWI. She had a short (35 minute) delay at the gate after boarding.
They were told on the P/A that his was due to having to reboot the entire aircraft because of interference from Russian satellites and that it had been occurring for a couple of days.
Were they kidding? The person I picked up didn't seem to think so.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by chuck1
I was picking up an associate this AM at BWI. She had a short (35 minute) delay at the gate after boarding.
They were told on the P/A that his was due to having to reboot the entire aircraft because of interference from Russian satellites and that it had been occurring for a couple of days.
Were they kidding? The person I picked up didn't seem to think so.
I think It may be space aliens.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by chuck1
Were they kidding?
Once, my UA's HNL-GUM flight was delayed for about 1 hour because we were flying into Ronald Reagan Ballistic Missile Defense Test Site. At that time, the U.S. Armed Forces were conducting missile drills (don't know if they were SM-3 or Minuteman). The flight path would put the B777 as a missile target.

So yes - I would say it was plausible.
ursine1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.