Companion pass

Old Aug 23, 20, 11:46 am
formerly jackvogt
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Companion pass

We opened 2 credit cards last year (2019) and earned the Companion Pass through the end of 2020. Obviously with all the crap going on right now, travel has become much more difficult due to many different reasons.

I know Southwest extended the Companion Pass at one point, but I am unsure if there has been another extension since things have not improved. The odd thing was, even though the original extension happened, that hasn't been reflected in my account.

Am I supposed to call Southwest and ask for this extension? Hopefully things will be much better next year!
Old Aug 23, 20, 11:55 am

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I think there was something on their web site... and I was going to link it for you... but their site seems to be down right now.
Old Aug 23, 20, 12:06 pm
formerly jackvogt
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Originally Posted by NoStressHere View Post
I think there was something on their web site... and I was going to link it for you... but their site seems to be down right now.
Yep, I was trying to check as well and the site was down for me too. Hopefully it comes back soon.
Old Aug 23, 20, 1:32 pm

Programs: IHG,Hyatt, Hilton Diamond, Marriott, Wyndham, SPG, United, Delta, Alaska, AA, Southwest
Originally Posted by ATLflyer2017 View Post
We opened 2 credit cards last year (2019) and earned the Companion Pass through the end of 2020. Obviously with all the crap going on right now, travel has become much more difficult due to many different reasons.

I know Southwest extended the Companion Pass at one point, but I am unsure if there has been another extension since things have not improved. The odd thing was, even though the original extension happened, that hasn't been reflected in my account.

Am I supposed to call Southwest and ask for this extension? Hopefully things will be much better next year!
https://www.southwest.com/RRCoronavi...030%2C%202021.

For Companion Pass holders, who earned Companion Pass benefits through December 31, 2020, we are extending your current Companion Pass benefits through June 30, 2021
Old Aug 23, 20, 2:51 pm

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I wonder if they will do anything more at some point.

We got the pass in Jan of this year and made one trip before $hit hit the fan. Our normal expiration would be 12/31/21.

At this rate we are gonna get maybe one year of use at the most.
ATLflyer2017, Marko123 and olouie like this.
Old Aug 26, 20, 5:29 pm

Programs: IHG,Hyatt, Hilton Diamond, Marriott, Wyndham, SPG, United, Delta, Alaska, AA, Southwest
Originally Posted by NoStressHere View Post
I wonder if they will do anything more at some point.

We got the pass in Jan of this year and made one trip before $hit hit the fan. Our normal expiration would be 12/31/21.

At this rate we are gonna get maybe one year of use at the most.
In the past it wouldn't have even mattered for us as we switch off getting CP every 2 years.

Unless things change in the SP business card world at Chase our CP will expire 12/31/2021 for good................if it does it sure was a nice ride
NoStressHere likes this.
Old Aug 27, 20, 1:46 pm

Programs: Many, but currently grounded.
I think that most of us will have very different credit card strategies starting 1.1.2021. I'm going to renew my CP this year...but after six months grounded won't do the same next year.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: