Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Southwest Extends Middle Seat Blocking.Through Oct.2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2020, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Southwest just released that they are extending the blocking of middle seats through October 2020.
sdsearch, olouie and chemengin like this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 8:31 am

Great move! Just moved some of my AA and UA October flights to WN.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

AA will lose out. Southwest not only had the best fares to Vegas with 2 free bags and empty middle seats its a win!
Old Aug 3, 2020, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by danielonn
AA will lose out. Southwest not only had the best fares to Vegas with 2 free bags and empty middle seats its a win!
I dunno but don't be totally surprised if Dallas attempts to reinstate the Wright Amendment at Love FLD to protect AA from the the predacious Southwest which indeed is whipping the tar our of AA in N.Texas right now.
apeoples13 likes this.

Last edited by nunusguy; Aug 3, 2020 at 8:06 am
Old Aug 3, 2020, 8:13 am

I wonder if during the next phase, airlines will make it easy to purchase an empty seat. My other half and I have spent years getting good at getting an empty middle, but we'd happily pay to guarantee it. I guess perhaps we could buy an instrument - or an instrument case to use as a suitcase, at least.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by synergistic
I wonder if during the next phase, airlines will make it easy to purchase an empty seat. My other half and I have spent years getting good at getting an empty middle, but we'd happily pay to guarantee it. I guess perhaps we could buy an instrument - or an instrument case to use as a suitcase, at least.
JetBlue lets you buy a middle seat. I often do it when traveling with my partner since it is much more comfortable and a fraction of the cost of a Mint seat. Southwest with its open seating is a little more challenging making it happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.