Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Earn points on Early Bird checkin on flight?

Old Jul 25, 2020, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver

When I purchase Early Bird checkin do I earn points on that purchase? Or only the airfare itself?
Old Jul 25, 2020, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by flyguy6
When I purchase Early Bird checkin do I earn points on that purchase? Or only the airfare itself?
The answer is yes and no. Yes, you will earn points if charged to a WN credit card.

I think earned points are tied to base fare before any extras like taxes, fee, setc.

Meanwhile. there would be little to no reason to buy early bird between now and October since they are not selling middle seats until then.

And the number of points would be so small... hardly worth counting.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 4:48 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Points earned is tied to fare only. You don’t earn on flight taxes paid not upgrades like early bird or buying A1-15

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.