Wiki Posts
Search

MSP question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2020, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
MSP question

I've got a friend flying Southwest for the first time on Friday out of MSP. Does anyone know if there is CLEAR at T2?
Old Jul 14, 2020, 3:26 pm

Appears it is T1 only still. Sorry.
https://www.clearme.com/where-we-are/msp
Old Jul 14, 2020, 5:16 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by EAJuggalo
I've got a friend flying Southwest for the first time on Friday out of MSP. Does anyone know if there is CLEAR at T2?
Only at T1. MSP T2 is awful- lousy food options, limited on rental cars (National/Alamo is gone and only at T1). Suggest flying another airline just to have the better amenities of T1.

But T2 is faster and easier for a "pick up and drop off" type of flight. If I were a local traveling I'd probably prefer T2.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 6:15 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Not to hard to take the train from1 to 2
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 10:52 pm

Love T2 for pure ease of being picked up and dropped off. Though with COVID, T1 is really fast in and out too, just a few more minutes of walking.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 11:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by lougord99
Not to hard to take the train from1 to 2
It's light rail and it's free between T1 and T2. However, it's landside, so you can't use CLEAR in T1, or realistically the airside T1 amenities (if they're currently open) unless you want to do TSA security twice. Note also that the light rail seems to be operating at less frequent intervals than usual, so you might want to allow extra time, although IIRC the first and last light rail departures of the day are back to normal.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 4:24 pm

We use T2 often and at least 75% of the time the regular TSA line is as short as TSA pre. Given the lack of people travelling today I don't think not having clear will slow you down but you do need ID and boarding passes
Old Jul 17, 2020, 4:57 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Last time I was at T2 was at 6:30 am and pre was not open. Regular line was 20 minutes long and they confiscated a liquid container that had been through at least 20 other checkpoints in the previous 6 months. I asked why pre wasn't open and they said that not many people fly at that time. Obviously, this was before COVID.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by lougord99
Last time I was at T2 was at 6:30 am and pre was not open. Regular line was 20 minutes long and they confiscated a liquid container that had been through at least 20 other checkpoints in the previous 6 months. I asked why pre wasn't open and they said that not many people fly at that time. Obviously, this was before COVID.
Vegas TSA confiscates all sorts of things that I have always been able to fly with, open candy, a small nail file in a travel kit, etc, etc . They inspect a lot of bags by hand and there is often a wait. Now I just check all my bags flying out of LAS.

We normally fly out of T2 at 6am ish and TSA pre is open at least 75% of the time.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 9:07 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
How was the experience? With T2 down to about a third of its peak flights and occupancy on those flights reduced I have to image it was close to private terminal.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
He made it through very quickly that morning. Said it was faster than using CLEAR T1 last September.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.