Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Southwest changed my flight due to social distancing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest changed my flight due to social distancing

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2020, 7:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
DOT will do nothing. It's been accepted practice for years by many carriers.

Bottom line is that calling in advance is a smart thing when a carrier almost certainly has an overbooking (as it defines overbooking) situation. Those are rarely negotiations because it is easier to simply move on and call the next passenger. This is not new. Other carriers have done this for years. People tend to accept less when called in advance because they don't need to sit at the airport waiting.

At the airport, it is a reverse auction. What you want is irrelevant, it is whether there is some other passenger willing to take less than what you want. Once that passenger steps forward, you are SOL.
steved5480 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 8:49 am

Most airlines use FF status or ticket price as a factor in denied boarding. These are trying times and the airlines are struggling to react. I typically pay two to three times the lowest fares because I have to be where I am going and be there on time. This may not sound fair but I am flying about 20% as much as I have during the past 40 years and when I do fly it is my only choice. Sorry that you were delayed for two hours,
but, again, these are difficult times.

Last edited by MitchR; Jul 14, 2020 at 8:50 am Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.