Search

It’s SWAVictor’s SWA Anniversary!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2020, 8:18 pm
Company Representative, Southwest Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
It’s SWAVictor’s SWA Anniversary!

Hi FT Friends. Just dropping a note to share that it’s SWAVictor’s 28 Year SWA Anniversary today! Hip, hip, hooray!

Behind the scenes...I have the privilege of getting to work with Victor everyday here at Southwest. He works on our Digital team supporting our desktop platforms including Southwest.com and Swabiz.com where he’s always working on new features and enhancements. He’s been helping me recently by keeping a closer eye on FlyerTalk as this group has such Eagle Eyes when it comes to Southwest digital functionality. Your input is so helpful to all of us on the digital team.

This year will mark nearly 10 years that I’ve had the pleasure of working with Victor. He has taught me everything I know about pricing, ticketing, exchanges, Swabiz, and so much more.

If you would like, please join me in wishing Victor a Happy SWA Anniversary!
sulutimmy, ryw, SWAVictor and 12 others like this.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 8:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Happy Anniversary, Victor!!

With only 28 years in, I guess you're still deciding if you want to make it your career?

Sending a Kick Tail coupon your way via PM as a cheesy gift. Other FTers are encouraged to steal my idea to do the same!!!

Your posts and presence (even if just lurking some of the time) are appreciated!

//currently writing this via Southwest inflight wifi.

Last edited by expert7700; Jun 8, 2020 at 8:32 pm
Old Jun 9, 2020, 6:03 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
And we are approaching the 12th anniversary of his posting on Flyertalk. I am quite certain everyone appreciates his help and additions to our knowledge here.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 8:53 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
We at FlyerTalk are grateful for the support of dedicated Southwest employees for our little corner of the Internet. Happy Anniversary, Victor!
joshua362, SWAVictor, ryw and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 9:13 am
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Thank You everyone! It honestly seems like yesterday that I showed up at the Chicago Reservation Center for my first day of training, what a crazy fun ride its been!

I had no idea that I was nearing 12 years of official presence on FlyerTalk - even more to celebrate!
I love the opportunity to interact with all of you, and hopefully turn your feedback into a better digital experience for everyone.
Thanks to SWAMark for allowing this to be an official part of my responsibilities!

expert7700 - Thanks for the Kick Tail! Lets hope my entry gets chosen as a winner to earn some SWAG points that I can redeem for Rapid Rewards points!
After 28 years of non-rev travel, its really nice to fly confirmed and yes, I often "lurk" just to see what you guys are talking about - ha! Beyond your digital experience I learn so much about he industry from all of you. and, of course, thanks for continuing to fly with us, and use the onboard wifi!
Old Jun 9, 2020, 4:04 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
SWAVictor - Congratulations on your 28 years at SWA and 12 years here on Flyertalk! I remember when you first joined SWABrian here, since then you have always been helpful no matter how weird/confusing our SWA tech issues were.
swaMark, expert7700 and SWAVictor like this.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:29 am

Happy anniversary!
swaMark and SWAVictor like this.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 5:40 pm

Programs: WN A+ Preffered CP, DL SK GOld, AA Gold
Happy Anniversary! I took retirement and had I not, this would have been mine 28th year. Take retirement if available and feasible, it's highly enjoyable!
Old Jun 11, 2020, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by winston vickers
Happy Anniversary! I took retirement and had I not, this would have been mine 28th year. Take retirement if available and feasible, it's highly enjoyable!
I might consider it if I didn't have a mortgage and a house payment
I still enjoy my job, and especially right now while I'm still isolating (Dallas is the #5 hotspot for new cases right now), I think I'd go crazy if I didn't have a job to keep me busy every day!
Old Jun 11, 2020, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
SWAVictor - Congratulations on your 28 years at SWA and 12 years here on Flyertalk! I remember when you first joined SWABrian here, since then you have always been helpful no matter how weird/confusing our SWA tech issues were.
SWABrian was a great guy and he is truly missed. It's amazing how long many of you have been here! and, I think the weirder and more confusing the questions, the more I enjoy digging up the answers !
Old Jun 12, 2020, 5:12 pm
Original Member

Congrats SWAVictor on your anniversary! We appreciate you here on FT!
SWAVictor likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List
Happy 28th Anniversary, Victor! WOW!!
Your many years of hard work and presence on FT are much appreciated.
SWAVictor likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 11:12 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

I nominate SWAVictor for the FT Rapid Rewards Hall of Fame! He is truly the best!!
steved5480, SWAVictor and swaMark like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.