Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

What does Temporary Quarantine May Apply mean?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2020, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

I priced a flight to SLC on the Southwest app and I got the pictured message. I clicked the links but they didn’t explain anything. What exactly am I required to do if I take this flight?

Old May 19, 2020, 5:40 pm

It means you must complete a travel declaration asking whether you have been tested for COVID-19 in the last 14 days and what the test results are. Also asks if you are currently experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms and to specify where you’ve traveled before coming to Utah.

It was ordered April 08 (I believe) and may expire soon. No idea what happens to the data the state collects.
youranut likes this.
Old May 19, 2020, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. As long as I’m not required to quarantine in my home and miss work I’m OK with taking the flight
Old May 20, 2020, 12:44 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
This order ended May 1.

https://entry.utah.gov/

Unless they bring it back again between now and when you travel...
LegalTender and youranut like this.
Old May 21, 2020, 7:15 am
Company Representative, Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by storewanderer
This order ended May 1.

https://entry.utah.gov/

Unless they bring it back again between now and when you travel...
Thanks for bringing this SLC quarantine alert to my attention. We have removed this notice since the order expired. We've also reviewed all of our quarantine messaging to make sure it is as up to date as possible. As you might imagine, information is moving very fast regarding state and country level changes, so my apologies about having this one still showing beyond the expiration date of the Utah order. We have been erring on the side of over-communicating during this time and using a lot of new tools to get the word out so there are no surprises upon arrival.

Last edited by ftnoob; May 29, 2020 at 10:41 pm Reason: Fix airport code (SLC, not SJC)
Old May 21, 2020, 6:50 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
TX ended their quarantine requirement for CA (and several other states and locales) today.
Old May 21, 2020, 7:08 pm
Company Representative, Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
TX ended their quarantine requirement for CA (and several other states and locales) today.
Thanks! And to confirm, we disabled the shopping advisory messaging for TX around 4PM Herb Time.
steved5480 and tusphotog like this.
Old May 22, 2020, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by youranut
Thanks for the info. As long as I’m not required to quarantine in my home and miss work I’m OK with taking the flight
There is no quarantine or rules or anything when flying to Utah any more. Just flew couple days ago, Utah is basically 99% open (car rentals, hotels, pools, parks, restaurants, tattoo shops all open, hardly anyone wearing masks).

Unless you plan on going to some crowded concert (which is still not allowed), everything else is completely normal.
Old May 22, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
Utah is basically 99% open
Good to know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.