Search

How many were on your flight today?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2020, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by ayande176
CLE- BWI Saturday Morning: 70-ish
BWI-CLE Monday evening: 50 odd people
That's not nice to call passengers odd.

More and more folks flying, it's like a light switch went off the last 2 weeks. Good to see, and still nice with empty middle seats.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 737MAX8
still nice with empty middle seats.
WN gets huge props for matching action with their marketing - unlike several other carriers (hello, UA and AA), where you have no assurance at all you won't be packed in 6 across on a narrowbody.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
DAL-AUS Tuesday evening 70+ Close to sold out covid-style
Old Jun 8, 2020, 9:11 am

Southwest Flight sold out - seat selection

So I have 2 tickets purchased for a flight booked on SW flying DAL-->BOI on June 20th and I see all fights are unavailable which I have to conclude means sold out. My assumption is SW only sells available minus 2 seats per row (middle seat). My question is if we sit on one side of the plane (2 of us) and take the window and middle seat (to avoid those walking up and down the aisles) - is someone going to take that aisle seat in our row or will SW employees sort of try and stop that? Looking to see what experience others are having when flying with 2 people? Have there been those single passengers who don't care looking to sit in the aisle/window seat of your row?
Old Jun 8, 2020, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Originally Posted by beltline
So I have 2 tickets purchased for a flight booked on SW flying DAL-->BOI on June 20th and I see all fights are unavailable which I have to conclude means sold out. My assumption is SW only sells available minus 2 seats per row (middle seat). My question is if we sit on one side of the plane (2 of us) and take the window and middle seat (to avoid those walking up and down the aisles) - is someone going to take that aisle seat in our row or will SW employees sort of try and stop that? Looking to see what experience others are having when flying with 2 people? Have there been those single passengers who don't care looking to sit in the aisle/window seat of your row?
just put your bag in the aisle seat and if anyone questions you just tell them why you are doing it. You shouldn't have a problem at all, IMO.
beltline likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by mile ho
just put your bag in the aisle seat and if anyone questions you just tell them why you are doing it. You shouldn't have a problem at all, IMO.
Perfect - thanks for the suggestion. Wasn't planning on bringing a bag on but will bring a laptop bag and do as you stated. I agree I think that will work.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 10:46 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
There were a few couples on my flights yesterday, those that sat window + middle were not bothered by anyone. (Who would want to sit there when there are guaranteed aisle seats with no one in the middle?)
Old Jun 8, 2020, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
07 Jun HRL-HOU WN1419: 88 pax.
07 Jun HOU-DEN WN250: "full" but I saw a few empty aisles/windows.
07 Jun DEN-LGA WN250: 35 total (33 + 2 thrus), seats only used in rows 2-20 due to weight and balance.

Looks like no one wants to go to New York...
Old Jun 8, 2020, 3:21 pm
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Originally Posted by mile ho
You could also sit in the window and aisle until everyone is seated and they make the "doors closed" announcement and then the person in the aisle could slide over to the middle !
Kacee and ayande176 like this.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 5:23 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass holder and A List Preferred. Marriott Platinum
Sat Morning: CLE-> BWI: 50-60

Sunday night BWI-> CLE: Full
Old Jun 9, 2020, 4:23 pm

Perfect - thanks for the suggestion. Wasn't planning on bringing a bag on but will bring a laptop bag and do as you stated. I agree I think that will work.
Keep your eyes on the laptop. Don't fall asleep
Old Jun 9, 2020, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
Who would want to sit there when there are guaranteed aisle seats with no one in the middle?
It's insane, I know, but I saw a woman take that seat in row 2 yesterday evening PHX-OAK. She wasn't wearing a mask, either.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 8:39 am

My wife still takes the LUV seat even when she's traveling alone.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
ATL-DAL Monday; DAL-ATL today, all full (save middles)
Old Jun 10, 2020, 2:51 pm

Got a call today from customer service asking me if I'd be willing to change my reservation on a flight 3 days from now due to the social distancing policy...seems we are "oversold." A quick check online revealed NO available flights that same day (plus the timing of my flight is important anyway) so I politely declined and reminded her that I am traveling with a family of 3 and we'd all be in the same row together anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.