Search

Load Factor: 6%

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2020, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Load Factor: 6%

Not 60, not 26, 6.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...outputType=amp

I still can’t believe how much they’re flying over and above the statutory (CARES) minimum...
Old Apr 28, 2020, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by spongenotbob
Not 60, not 26, 6.

I still can’t believe how much they’re flying over and above the statutory (CARES) minimum...
I read in an article they are hoping for 10% in May. Thinking of making face masks mandatory to make other passengers feel safer (following JetBlue) so we will see what May holds for us. I will be flying a couple times in May so should be interesting to see how travel has changed.
LegalTender likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 8:23 pm

Maybe they should substitute handing our face masks for handing out pretzels.
nsx, screeton and ryw like this.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 8:24 pm

Not 60, not 26, 6.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...outputType=ampI still can’t believe how much they’re flying over and above the statutory (CARES) minimum...
I thought that one of the requirements was maintaining service to all of their destinations that i smuch harder given their point to point structure.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
I thought that one of the requirements was maintaining service to all of their destinations that i smuch harder given their point to point structure.
They basically redid their schedule to make it more hub and spoke like. Still not as much as the legacies but much more than usual.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 4:42 am

Love Southwest, but I have been trying to home Since March 26....and they keep cancelling. And then, rather than a nonstop, it is now one to two layovers, which are in odd places.

I am sure all the airlines are having problems - financially and booking dates and times - but four rebooks and four cancellations in a little over a month is a bit worrisome.....
Old Apr 29, 2020, 7:50 am

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
I'm going to make a prediction. It won't be 10% in May. Their projections are wrong. It will be much higher. I'm flying three r/t in May for pleasure myself with my wife.
There are others who are going to start traveling, too.

Things are changing even as we speak.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Not 60, not 26, 6.

That matches what the TSA is saying about 95% less people going through checkpoints.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 10:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by mile ho
Things are changing even as we speak.
Damn, I hope so!
Old Apr 29, 2020, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
GK interview on this, “USA Today.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...gV_DWoRkGOq9-Y
nsx likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 3:01 pm

Not sure if this was the effect of a CX or not, but there's gotta be ~50 people on WN1094 today (SJC/SAN/LAS/MCI/...). These last few weeks this -800 has had < ~15. The on-board announcements started with a big "Thank you!" from the FA.
mile ho likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Not sure if this was the effect of a CX or not, but there's gotta be ~50 people on WN1094 today (SJC/SAN/LAS/MCI/...). These last few weeks this -800 has had < ~15. The on-board announcements started with a big "Thank you!" from the FA.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. The airline stocks are extraordinarily strong the last couple of days. The load factors are going to be up and quickly as people begin to start opening the country. Gary Kelley will be surprised at how many are going to be flying over the next month.

I've also had friends at the airport talk about how it's not dead anymore. It's coming back to life!
Old Apr 29, 2020, 3:14 pm

While I'm as optimistic as you are, this was an anomaly and my previous four segments these last few days have been far lighter (ca. 6-15).

That being said, (I do have my fingers crossed! Has Vegas decided to reopen on 5/1? I wonder how many people are getting off at LAS to help start reopening? (I'm out at SAN).)
Old Apr 29, 2020, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudu
p;32335534
While I'm as optimistic as you are, this was an anomaly and my previous four segments these last few days have been far lighter (ca. 6-15).

That being said, (I do have my fingers crossed! Has Vegas decided to reopen on 5/1? I wonder how many people are getting off at LAS to help start reopening? (I'm out at SAN).)
Honestly, I'm not saying that all flights will go from 10 to 50 overnight. Kelley was predicting a load factor of 10% for May. It's going to much, much higher than that. And my guess is you just got a little taste of the punch that's going to be provided by the country opening up again.

I believe people are realizing that the virus isn't nearly as potent as they were led to believe (all the doom and gloom and graphs and over blown mortality predictions, countered now with the new studies of the antibodies around the country (USC, Stanford, NYC and Biobot in Boston, which show the virus is comparable to the flu for mortality)) and they are ready to move forward.

That's going to drive the load factor higher in the coming weeks and with the reduced schedule that's going to push those numbers to …. near 40% or higher in my estimation.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 3:41 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
​​​​​​As of today Vegas, at least Wynn group and some others are targeting memorial day for partial reopening 100% not 5/1.
​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.