Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Extensions of Elite Status, CP, Travel funds, and option to convert funds to points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extensions of Elite Status, CP, Travel funds, and option to convert funds to points

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by levilevi
Thanks - that's helpful, might be able to get close to the combined then salvage like $80 off this. Hadn't thought about that.
Assuming thats my only option at this point?
Update- this worked like a charm through the Twitter as a DM
Old Mar 6, 2022, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
For anyone who requalified under the fly 2 RT promo, how have your boarding positions been? On my typical AM commuter flight I feel like I'm being put at the bottom of the barrel of the A-List Preferreds. Without snooping I can't even be assured I'm not being placed back with A List or lower. For tomorrow I was given A35. Last week A29 on the same flight.. A30 and A32 earlier in the year.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 8:45 am

I requalified under the promo as A+, still getting my typical A-16-A17, occasional A20-A22
Old Mar 7, 2022, 9:19 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
As a lowly A-List (requalified under the RT promo) for the flights I've taken this year, I've been in in the A-31 to 35 range for all of them.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 10:23 am

Since biz travel is still very slow, my sense is that WN will need to offer some aggressive A+ requal promos or extensions. Losing A+ may just be the incentive for many previously-loyal pax to move to another carrier.
nsx and jmw like this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 11:07 am

I think you also need to consider that Southwest has now been giving passengers on the same reservation consecutive positions and also Companions, boarding positions may have slipped some. I see that on full flights but not on flights with a lot of empty seats.

My wife A-List+ typically gets numbers in the teens. I a mere A-List get numbers in the mid to high 20s, occasionally as high as 30. I really should book us on the same reservation when we travel together.
steved5480 and oceanbreeez like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 10:25 am
jmw

I qualified A-list organically but needed the 2RT promo for A-list Preferred.

I've been getting A16 (Tu/Wed) to A29 (Friday afternoon commuter).

No prayer of making A+ this year, which would have been easy pre-pandemic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.