Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Extensions of Elite Status, CP, Travel funds, and option to convert funds to points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extensions of Elite Status, CP, Travel funds, and option to convert funds to points

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2021, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I'm pretty sure there has never been a 80K Southwest Personal card offer before this
We earned via hotel transfers for a long time, but if I'm not mistaken, our first CC CP was a 100,000 bonus with a single personal card. I didn't really keep up with the bonuses before or since. Honestly, I'm just amazed every year when they decide to continued allowing sign up bonuses to count.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by synergistic
We earned via hotel transfers for a long time, but if I'm not mistaken, our first CC CP was a 100,000 bonus with a single personal card. I didn't really keep up with the bonuses before or since. Honestly, I'm just amazed every year when they decide to continued allowing sign up bonuses to count.
So am I and that's why I'm going to lock in 2022 CP if I can.

Years ago ( up to 2016 ish) you could get FOUR Southwest cards , personal and business.......... plus and premier...........

The Marriott travel packages were nice.
synergistic likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 7:13 am

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Diamond, AA MM (almost 2MM)
Originally Posted by blueskynm
This is clearly a very good thing Southwest has done to recognize its loyal customers.

However, as an A-List member and Companion Pass holder who went out of my way to earn my Companion Pass for all of 2021, I do feel slighted.
(*Unless I completely missed something...)

Perhaps Southwest will consider some additional points toward Companion Pass qualification for 2022 for those of us in this situation.
Indeed. I could have absolutely done something else with those points and not bugged everyone I know for things to charge.

UPDATE: I did get an actual call back from someone in response to my email, but no movement on the policy.
synergistic likes this.

Last edited by MiteMom; Jan 18, 2021 at 12:40 pm Reason: Update
Old Jan 16, 2021, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by MiteMom
Indeed. I could have absolutely done something else with those points and not bugged everyone I know for things to charge.
At first I giggled at this, because oh, no, I would never go out of my way to get all my folks to let me charge things for them. Then I realized that the clerk that handles my reimbursements is probably completely aware that I get a lot more hands on with purchasing every time I have a hefty spend requirement. Judge not =p
Old Jan 17, 2021, 9:31 am

They ought to extend CP into 2022 for those like me that earned it in 2020. As it stands, there's a good chance I may not fly at all this year.
flyer4512 and followme2dq like this.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by synergistic
At first I giggled at this, because oh, no, I would never go out of my way to get all my folks to let me charge things for them.
My parents recently bought a Subzero fridge. Would not let me use my CC. Paid with a check.

I about had a stroke.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Diamond, AA MM (almost 2MM)
That's funny! Let's see what did I pay for other people, Lasix surgery, dog adoption and subsequent vet bills, 2 sports season tickets, a mountain bike..........
synergistic likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MiteMom
That's funny! Let's see what did I pay for other people, Lasix surgery, dog adoption and subsequent vet bills, 2 sports season tickets, a mountain bike..........
I paid my FIL’s final expenses with a CC. He would have laughed.

Very rural funeral home, they had to call the bank to figure out how to do it. Everything seems to run on checks and cash out there.
AsiaTraveler likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 8:17 am

Delta announced extension of medallion thru 1/31/2023:

Your loyalty to Delta has never been more important, and we’re committed to earning it as we move into the recovery and beyond. That’s why as of today, if you have Medallion® Status, you can continue to enjoy it through Jan. 31, 2023, along with any Global and Regional Upgrade Certificates you may have. For those currently traveling to achieve or maintain Status, you will be further recognized for your loyalty with enhanced benefits and continue earning at an accelerated rate. We’re also extending the ability for Award Travel to count toward Status through Dec. 31, 2022.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by dmbolp
Delta announced extension of medallion thru 1/31/2023:

Your loyalty to Delta has never been more important, and we’re committed to earning it as we move into the recovery and beyond. That’s why as of today, if you have Medallion® Status, you can continue to enjoy it through Jan. 31, 2023, along with any Global and Regional Upgrade Certificates you may have. For those currently traveling to achieve or maintain Status, you will be further recognized for your loyalty with enhanced benefits and continue earning at an accelerated rate. We’re also extending the ability for Award Travel to count toward Status through Dec. 31, 2022.
How huge is that? AA and United will quickly follow. SWA will wait till the last minute I suspect
Old Jul 28, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: WN A-List, CP, Marriott Gold
I hope something is in the cards for WN "Elites." My Companion and I (A-List) haven't flown due to Covid for almost 18 months and have only one scheduled R/T this October. We've had to cancel 2 R/Ts this spring and summer due to cruise cancellations. Clearly, now with Delta, the mayhem continues.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 12:18 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Southwest was first with generous extensions of status and a creative option to change travel funds into non expiring points. Since then Delta has led the efforts to maintain customer allegiance.
steved5480 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 12:38 pm

It would be surprising if Southwest extended any additional accommodations.
Tanic and steved5480 like this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
It would be surprising if Southwest extended any additional accommodations.
at least stat match offer to a-list
Old Jul 28, 2021, 2:06 pm

I'm gonna earn CP with credit card spend, so don't need that extended, but what does AL and AL+ cost them; why not extend that since it requires BIS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.