Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Extensions of Elite Status, CP, Travel funds, and option to convert funds to points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extensions of Elite Status, CP, Travel funds, and option to convert funds to points

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2021, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
  • For A-List and A-List Preferred Members who earned A-List or A-List Preferred status through December 31, 2020 and not through any type of promotion, we are extending your current earned status through December 31, 2021.
    • For Members enrolled in a promotion granting promotional A-List status or challenging a Member to extend promotional A-List status such as Status Match, Tier Challenge, Tier Experience, or a Corporate Status Challenge and who met the flight requirements by the promotion end date, we are extending your current promotional status through December 31, 2021. However, for Members enrolled in any of the above promotions and who to date have not met the flight requirements, we are extending the deadline to meet the promotion’s flight requirements to October 30, 2020.
I completed a promotional A-List status in July (vs the original May date I was given) which Southwest gave me A-List for my remaining trips last year. My A-List went away on Jan 1, 2021. Did anyone else have this happen? Contacting them they referred me to Customer Relations who said I didn't qualify for A-List in 2021.

thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2021, 1:30 am

Wait for it...
Old Jan 15, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Just got this today:
For our current Companion Pass Members who received an extension of their earned Companion Pass benefits through June 30, 2021, we are extending your benefits another six months.* You can now enjoy Companion Pass through December 31, 2021!

Woo hoo!

*This does not apply to Members who earned a promotional Companion Pass or did not previously receive an extension through June 30, 2021.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 9:22 am

However if you did qualify for CP in 2020, you get the same, nothing extra. The reasoning is because they made it "easier for all members to achieve".
MiteMom and screeton like this.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Marko123
Just got this today:
For our current Companion Pass Members who received an extension of their earned Companion Pass benefits through June 30, 2021, we are extending your benefits another six months.* You can now enjoy Companion Pass through December 31, 2021!
Is anybody seeing this in their accounts yet? My husband's account still shows 6/30/21. (he earned it in 2019)
Old Jan 15, 2021, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by ehallison
Is anybody seeing this in their accounts yet? My husband's account still shows 6/30/21. (he earned it in 2019)
Just checked and my account shows the updated expiration of 12/31/21.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 10:23 am

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Looks like Southwest is providing a "boost" towards A-List and CP for all members just like they did last year:

For all Rapid Rewards® Members with a Rapid Rewards account opened by December 31, 2020, we know travel may be limited early this year, but we still want to give you more opportunities to earn A-List, A-List Preferred, and Companion Pass so we’re giving you:
  • 15,000 tier qualifying points (TQPs)**
  • 25,000 Companion Pass qualifying points (CPQPs)**
  • 10 qualifying flight credits toward A-List and A-List Preferred
  • 25 qualifying flights toward Companion Pass
https://www.southwest.com/RRcoronavirusupdates/
synergistic likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 10:41 am

Looks like I jumped the gun on applying for a card yesterday - I'd intended to have it by the end of June, when my player 2's pass expired. I was not automatically approved, and I haven't called yet - I assume they need more information from me. Does anyone know if I can withdraw from consideration if I call?
Old Jan 15, 2021, 10:51 am

Programs: WN-CP,A-list; Hyatt Globalist; HH Gold; Hertz 5 Star; Delta
This is clearly a very good thing Southwest has done to recognize its loyal customers.

However, as an A-List member and Companion Pass holder who went out of my way to earn my Companion Pass for all of 2021, I do feel slighted.
(*Unless I completely missed something...)

Perhaps Southwest will consider some additional points toward Companion Pass qualification for 2022 for those of us in this situation.
MiteMom, geo979, disalex and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by synergistic
Looks like I jumped the gun on applying for a card yesterday - I'd intended to have it by the end of June, when my player 2's pass expired. I was not automatically approved, and I haven't called yet - I assume they need more information from me. Does anyone know if I can withdraw from consideration if I call?

Assuming you received the 80k card why back out, with the 25K CPQP they are giving everyone you can easily get 125k CPQP in 2021 which gives you CP until 12/31/2022

It's not as good as the usual almost 2 years of CP but who knows what next year brings, is there an 80K card ? is CP still 125k points ? Do they give 25K QPQP towards the 125K ? With business cards being very iffy ( unless you have a legit business) having 2 CP for part of 2021 and one CP until 12/31/2022 doesn't sound bad to me.

My wife is next up for CP as mine expires 12/31/2021 ( I have the usual 2 year deal via one personal and one business card) ............she doesn't go under 5/24 until Sept or I would grab the 80k card for her right now giving her 9 months to make the $10K spend all of 2021 to earn the additional 10K CPQP she needs for 125K . As it stands I'll start doing surveys etc for her to earn CPQP hoping a nice credit card SUB is available in late 2021.
  • For all Rapid Rewards® Members with a Rapid Rewards account opened by December 31, 2020, we know travel may be limited early this year, but we still want to give you more opportunities to earn A-List, A-List Preferred, and Companion Pass so we’re giving you:
  • 15,000 tier qualifying points (TQPs)**
  • 25,000 Companion Pass qualifying points (CPQPs

Last edited by flyer4512; Jan 15, 2021 at 11:42 am
Old Jan 15, 2021, 11:55 am

Oh, I can totally get it this year, had the spend earmarked even, but I'd rather wait a year since we now have the CP through the end of this year anyway. I was just wondering if it was possible to withdraw my application since I was either denied (unlikely) or they need info from me.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 12:12 pm

Oh, I can totally get it this year, had the spend earmarked even, but I'd rather wait a year since we now have the CP through the end of this year anyway. I was just wondering if it was possible to withdraw my application since I was either denied (unlikely) or they need info from me.
If you wait to get CP for 2022/2023 I would plan on the credit card giving you ~ 60K miles and needing 125K for CP instead of 100K in 2021.

Depending on how long it takes you to earn about 50K CPQP you may not have CP for decent part of 2022.

Obviously you will also need to stay under 5/24 until late 2021.

Just some things to think about. GL
synergistic likes this.

Last edited by flyer4512; Jan 15, 2021 at 1:50 pm
Old Jan 15, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mdword
Just checked and my account shows the updated expiration of 12/31/21.
Thanks - I checked again and his account is updated now. I also just noticed the email said to give it a week to see the update.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
If you wait to get CP for 2022/2023 I would plan on the credit card giving you ~ 60K miles and needing 125K for CP instead of 100K in 2021.

Depending on how long it takes you to earn about 50K QPQP you may not have CP for decent part of 2022.

Obviously you will also need to stay under 5/24 until late 2021.

Just some things to think about. GL
Hmmm... I admit that I'd been imagining the bonuses remaining about the same, but that is definitely not a guarantee. I also can't be sure the hotel program I earn my remaining CPQP from will still be available.

My other half will be able to get the signup bonus again next year - he stays under 5/24, he's just waiting out his two tests on the bonus - but it is somewhat more difficult to earn the extra points on his account. Having two passes and being able to invite some friends on trips next fall is pretty appealing, as well.

If nothing else, you've made me feel much better about my 'mistake' - I'm content however it plays out. Many thanks.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 1:58 pm

Hmmm... I admit that I'd been imagining the bonuses remaining about the same, but that is definitely not a guarantee. I also can't be sure the hotel program I earn my remaining CPQP from will still be available.

My other half will be able to get the signup bonus again next year - he stays under 5/24, he's just waiting out his two tests on the bonus - but it is somewhat more difficult to earn the extra points on his account. Having two passes and being able to invite some friends on trips next fall is pretty appealing, as well.

If nothing else, you've made me feel much better about my 'mistake' - I'm content however it plays out. Many thanks.
I'm pretty sure there has never been a 80K Southwest Personal card offer before this, even if that did stay the same to keep all things equal Southwest would have to offer 25K CPQP again in 2022 bringing the total a person needs to earn down to 100K CPQP.

My guess is if both of those things happen something bad happened with COVID vaccine, new strains, etc and travel is still way off

If the 80K offer is still around in September I'm grabbing it for my wife as if the business cards for non business owners are done for good so is CP for us.

One of us has had CP via credit cars since 2014.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.