Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Extensions of Elite Status, CP, Travel funds, and option to convert funds to points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extensions of Elite Status, CP, Travel funds, and option to convert funds to points

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2020, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Beetlesauce
My A-List expired on 4/30/2020. Now all I see on snapshot A-List, here I come.

They already added the 15K + segments to my A-List. Same with 25K to my Companion Pass.

My CP that was due to end 12/30/2020 already reflects the new 06/30/2021 extended date.

Are they still in update mode on the expiration dates for some A-Lists?
Mine A-list is still showing expiring 5/30 - waiting to see if it updates to 12/2021.
Old May 9, 2020, 5:01 pm

For those with A-List expirations that are not year-end, did you meet the flight requirements of the promo or challenge? If so, your A-List will be extended through 12-31-2021. If not, you now have until 10-30-2020 to meet those requirements.
Old May 9, 2020, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by ursine1
For those with A-List expirations that are not year-end, did you meet the flight requirements of the promo or challenge? If so, your A-List will be extended through 12-31-2021. If not, you now have until 10-30-2020 to meet those requirements.
Okay, maybe I missed something. What is this 10/31/2020 date you speak of?
Old May 9, 2020, 7:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by steved5480
Yes sir, appears they added 25 segments as well as a bunch of "qualification" points. Like you, I rarely pay much attention to my balance detail, but they've obviously been working on it.
I got a bump too as I earned A list last in 2019 again. That's extended through 2021 correct? So the bump is to encourage me to travel and to earn A list preferred or CP?
Old May 9, 2020, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Okay, maybe I missed something. What is this 10/31/2020 date you speak of?
From Southwest's email --- they're talking about if you are in a 3 month promotional A-list promotion or status challenge, typically fly 3 RTs or 6 OWs to get A-List extended.

....for Members enrolled in any of the above promotions and who to date have not met the flight requirements, we are extending the deadline to meet the promotion’s flight requirements to October 30, 2020.
ursine1 likes this.
Old May 9, 2020, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I got a bump too as I earned A list last in 2019 again. That's extended through 2021 correct? So the bump is to encourage me to travel and to earn A list preferred or CP?
Maybe.

I think it to encourage you to travel with them. Period.

Traveling enough to go the extra level is just extra. They want people to continue to LUV them and keep flying.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old May 12, 2020, 9:59 am

Has anyone who earned promo status seen an extension yet? I still see 10/31/20
Old May 15, 2020, 2:19 pm

Programs: United, SWA
Earned CP in Feb 2020, but ....

We earned our CP in February of 2020 which will be valid thru Dec 31, 2021. I reached out to SWA to see if we, too, would receive a 6 month extension since we earned it but really cannot use it due to COVID19. I was told that they will not be giving US an extension which I view as a total rip-off. They should be able to extend ours, too.
Has anyone else encountered this situation?
Negma likes this.
Old May 15, 2020, 2:23 pm

We are in the same boat! Earned ours in February 2020. I've reached out to SWA several times and it's always the same answer ... we aren't doing anything for you. VERY disappointed in that response and hope that it changes. If they don't make things right and fair, we will never again go to extra effort and expense to earn the CP for two years!
Old May 15, 2020, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by partymom44
We are in the same boat! Earned ours in February 2020. I've reached out to SWA several times and it's always the same answer ... we aren't doing anything for you. VERY disappointed in that response and hope that it changes. If they don't make things right and fair, we will never again go to extra effort and expense to earn the CP for two years!
Well they arent dumb. They know you (and I) are gaming the system with credit cards/points. They would probably prefer we didnt do that....so if not giving us an extension causes that 2 birds killed with one stone.
nsx and steved5480 like this.
Old May 15, 2020, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Has anyone who earned promo status seen an extension yet? I still see 10/31/20
I got a promotional challenge for A-list which I completed and got the status extended to 11/30/20. I still see the same date, no extension yet
Old May 15, 2020, 5:19 pm

We earned our CP within SWA's rules. My husband qualified for the card in January. We did the required spending within the timeframe specified by SWA to earn the bonus points SWA offers to new cardholders. We booked travel that paid bonus points and paid out of pocket for that, too, and thus, we earned the CP early in 2020. If we had operated outside of their rules then yes, that would be considered "gaming". But we did not operate outside of their rules. If they really don't want anyone to earn the CP for two years, they should not offer it.
Old May 15, 2020, 5:28 pm

We earned our CP within SWA's rules. My husband qualified for the card in January. We did the required spending within the timeframe specified by SWA to earn the bonus points SWA offers to new cardholders. We booked travel that paid bonus points and paid out of pocket for that, too, and thus, we earned the CP early in 2020. If we had operated outside of their rules then yes, that would be considered "gaming". But we did not operate outside of their rules. If they really don't want anyone to earn the CP for two years, they should not offer it.
And their rules say you get it for a year plus the remaining of the year you earn it. So why do you feel you deserve more than that? Because you earned it in February vice August? Sometimes you get unlucky. I earned it January 4th but I dont expect any additional months.
sabenser likes this.
Old May 15, 2020, 11:00 pm

We earned our CP in February of 2020 which will be valid thru Dec 31, 2021. I reached out to SWA to see if we, too, would receive a 6 month extension since we earned it but really cannot use it due to COVID19. I was told that they will not be giving US an extension which I view as a total rip-off. They should be able to extend ours, too.
Has anyone else encountered this situation?
Good for WN to not give in to those who are likely not profitable long-term customers. You received what was promised. Sometimes stuff happens...deal with it.
Old May 15, 2020, 11:48 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
I was told that they will not be giving US an extension which I view as a total rip-off.
How much is your annual spend on WN?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.