Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Massive schedule change going out as we speak...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Massive schedule change going out as we speak...

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2020, 8:58 am

Just gonna go ahead and delete the calendar app.
joshua362 likes this.
Old May 1, 2020, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ave1024
Yes I believe it. WN told me a Sunday flight from PBI-BWI-ISP had over 100 seats sold. With the first and last three rows blocked off for the crew members, that's a packed flight on a 700 series.
That's not the same thing. When they zero out bucket inventory for flights they intend to cancel, they don't actually mark seats as "sold" (they will appear lightly booked to the agents who can see the actual number of seats sold). The inventory management system is decoupled from the number of seats sold (so they can alter fares available for higher demand periods even when there have been few seats sold). Zeroing out all the inventory is just a way of preventing new bookings on the flight so they don't have to move more people to other flights once it is cancelled. The reason for not simply cancelling the flights en masse is so that the call centers don't get deluged with calls and having to handle many rebookings all at once. So, previous poster's SAN-HNL flight on Aug 3rd is not really "fully booked" in the sense that all the seats have been booked. It's just that they have emptied out the inventory in all the fare class buckets so the flight shows as "Unavailable" for booking.
ursine1 and steved5480 like this.

Last edited by xliioper; May 1, 2020 at 9:40 am
Old May 1, 2020, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by LegalTender
Just gonna go ahead and delete the calendar app.
What is this " calendar app" you speak of?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.