Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2021, 1:05 pm
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Anyone getting an email indicating they should be able to make a free change due to a schedule change, but then finding that you are actually being asked to pay more (either dollars or points), if you would be willing to share your confirmation info in a DM, I would be happy to investigate why you are seeing this.

Also, if you call in they should be able to make the changes for you without the upgrade - or if you already paid it, they should be able to correct and refund/redeposit the extra.

Even if you call to have it corrected, we would like to investigate why this is happening.

thanks,
SWAVictor
m907 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by SWAVictor
Anyone getting an email indicating they should be able to make a free change due to a schedule change, but then finding that you are actually being asked to pay more (either dollars or points), if you would be willing to share your confirmation info in a DM, I would be happy to investigate why you are seeing this.

Also, if you call in they should be able to make the changes for you without the upgrade - or if you already paid it, they should be able to correct and refund/redeposit the extra.

Even if you call to have it corrected, we would like to investigate why this is happening.

thanks,
SWAVictor
I have never been able to make a free change online after a schedule change notification email. I've always had to call.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by m907
I have never been able to make a free change online after a schedule change notification email. I've always had to call.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 4:28 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
This occurs if you wait more than 3 days after the email was sent. Other than that I’ve never seen it.
MSP_Monopoly likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:04 pm

PIT-AUS and PIT-MIA have been added for November-January. Unclear whether they'll continue after that.

PIT-HOU was twice daily before the virus, but it's twice weekly now. It seems like PIT-DEN has picked up the slack.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:09 pm

Can someone confirm it's just OAK/SFO flights affected? Does anyone have any other airports? I only see it on my OAK flights
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
PIT-AUS and PIT-MIA have been added for November-January. Unclear whether they'll continue after that.

PIT-HOU was twice daily before the virus, but it's twice weekly now. It seems like PIT-DEN has picked up the slack.
have you found any of those flights with free changes available?
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by pitflyer
have you found any of those flights with free changes available?
Oops. I thought I was posting in the schedule extension thread.

None of my Pittsburgh flights in August or November are changeable.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
This occurs if you wait more than 3 days after the email was sent. Other than that I’ve never seen it.
I see. What's the official policy about changing a rescheduled flight, anyway? Are you really supposed to do it within 3 days, but they honor it on the phone at any time? Or do you only have 3 days to change online and after that you have to call?
Old Jun 11, 2021, 5:34 am

The one I changed was BDL-MCO
Old Jun 11, 2021, 9:34 am

I see. What's the official policy about changing a rescheduled flight, anyway? Are you really supposed to do it within 3 days, but they honor it on the phone at any time? Or do you only have 3 days to change online and after that you have to call?
I usually wait until a few days before the flight to make sure of my plans. so I can still cancelif I need to. I've never had a problem, but always call.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by mykidissmarterthanyou
The one I changed was BDL-MCO
What was the original date of the BDL-MCO flight?
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:49 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
For those who are companion pass holders, does the red bar appear if you already have your companion added on the reservation?

I assume you’d still have to remove them from the flight then change your flight then add them back on. But I’m just wondering if you still get red bars if the companion is already added to the reservation?
Old Jun 12, 2021, 8:51 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Yes it will say travel advisory
Old Jun 13, 2021, 3:43 am

Has anyone been able to figure out a date range for whatever is active now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.