Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:19 am
Original Member

Bummer, I think schedule changes are out to mid-December....
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by sggolf
Bummer, I think schedule changes are out to mid-December....
Why do you think that?

I have countless trips booked from mid-october through January with zero schedule changes thus far. Based on my experience and the others in this thread, I don't think there has been any schedule changes yet after the end of September. I have been getting increasingly concerned though since the holiday round of schedule changes happened at the end of July last year.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:17 pm
Original Member

Family member got a schedule change for Dec 15th.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by sggolf
Family member got a schedule change for Dec 15th.
It took them 2 months (mid-April to mid-June) to trickle through the August/September changes. I still have hope.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by pgh234
It took them 2 months (mid-April to mid-June) to trickle through the August/September changes. I still have hope.
I got one for 12/17, still nothing for 12/19
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:43 pm
jmw

Originally Posted by pgh234
Why do you think that?

I have countless trips booked from mid-october through January with zero schedule changes thus far. Based on my experience and the others in this thread, I don't think there has been any schedule changes yet after the end of September. I have been getting increasingly concerned though since the holiday round of schedule changes happened at the end of July last year.
Agreed. I'm looking for massive change waves, not 1-offs going to Hawaii from someone who flies WN once a year and gets excited about using the Chase Upgraded Boarding benefit. Last massive wave was the end of September. I may have to rebook everything at 3-4 weeks from the trip date at much higher prices. My preferred SoCal co-terminal ONT almost always never has attractive sales like LAX and LGB.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 2:40 pm

I got a change to a 1/2 flight a few days ago. PNS-HOU. Moved by 5 minutes.

I have my holiday (Thanksgiving, Xmas) primary as well as "backup" flights booked -- and am willing to play this game of chicken with SWA.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 2:49 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I got a rock.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:16 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by AllThePants
I got a change to a 1/2 flight a few days ago. PNS-HOU. Moved by 5 minutes.

I have my holiday (Thanksgiving, Xmas) primary as well as "backup" flights booked -- and am willing to play this game of chicken with SWA.
I got the most complex one moved by 5 minutes. It was a 12/27 booking from OGG to the mainland which I needed changed to the busy travel day of 1/1/23. That was enough to allow me to switch it. So all in all, we are set for the Christmas/New Years trip to Maui.
Air Houston likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:34 am

Yikes. I have a bunch of speculative bookings and no changes.
dcdrogers likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 8:35 am

After two years of living off schedule changes, it appears that I need to change strategies. I am having a hard time getting used to the idea of booking the dates/times that I actually intend to fly instead of just booking the least expensive fare within 14 days (originally 30 days) of those dates/times.

It is a sad day for me. This was by far my favorite part of the pandemic.

Edited to add: I forgot about how this also used to work when the MAX reentry into service was delayed. And all flights would be impacted, even those not scheduled on a MAX. Good times indeed.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by m907
Yikes. I have a bunch of speculative bookings and no changes.
​​​​​​
There have been multiple times over the past few years where we thought it was over...but instead the game just changed. I have 10 r/t itineraries booked from November through January (i.e. about 30 individual flight segments). I refuse to believe that a single one of them (booked on window opening) will not have a 5 minute schedule change.
joshua362 and jmw like this.

Last edited by pgh234; Aug 9, 2022 at 11:52 am
Old Aug 9, 2022, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by zachary
After two years of living off schedule changes, it appears that I need to change strategies. I am having a hard time getting used to the idea of booking the dates/times that I actually intend to fly instead of just booking the least expensive fare within 14 days (originally 30 days) of those dates/times.

It is a sad day for me. This was by far my favorite part of the pandemic.

Edited to add: I forgot about how this also used to work when the MAX reentry into service was delayed. And all flights would be impacted, even those not scheduled on a MAX. Good times indeed.
We have a lot of points so I always book the flight I want to fly and a dummy low price fare picking a low fare I believe will have a schedule change. one with multiple stops, multiple departures to same city in a small time frame , etc,etc
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:29 am

And we’re back on! Received a couple minor schedule changes this morning for a flight in mid-October and one in early November. I’m still hoping for a last-minute August change or two, but at least there’s been some recent activity for my October bookings.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:36 am

In less great news, a change to only the flight number seems to no longer trigger the ability to rebook for no additional cost. The email still describes the change as eligible for free rebooking within 14 days but both app and website reprice the itinerary and the “red banner” is absent.
jmw likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.