Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2021, 10:03 pm
Original Member

Are you seeing the changes with an email? Logging into app?
Old Sep 22, 2021, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SW, Hilton, Hertz, Dollar, National (new Fav)
Exclamation

Got email notifications of changes about an hour ago for Christmas week.
Exiled in Express likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 11:22 pm

These change notifications are gorgeous! For the first time, I can look at them and see what my original booking was, and what it has been changed to, without feeling like I must be drunk. Or feeling like perhaps I need to be drunk to understand them! Kudos!
Old Sep 27, 2021, 3:13 pm

I guess SW has decided to run a full schedule for Nov/Dec? It was around this time last year SW finalized its 2020 Nov/Dec schedule, and made cuts (see pg 12/13 in this thread). Crickets so far on all my Nov/Dec flights.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by Thyii
I guess SW has decided to run a full schedule for Nov/Dec? It was around this time last year SW finalized its 2020 Nov/Dec schedule, and made cuts (see pg 12/13 in this thread). Crickets so far on all my Nov/Dec flights.
I had a flight number change for a December 12 flight that I placed last week. The itinerary didn't change, only flight number and it received a red banner. Only that one flight was eligible so far for me.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by divincenzo
I had a flight number change for a December 12 flight that I placed last week. The itinerary didn't change, only flight number and it received a red banner. Only that one flight was eligible so far for me.
Several of my routes, all to/from DCA or BWI, suddenly go from 1 direct flight per day on or before 11/6 to 3x per day direct flights on 11/7. Seems like a big jump. Also seems ambitious of SW. Can’t imagine SW actually expects to fill all those flights, but who knows.
nsx and olouie like this.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 5:04 am

January and February adjustments to the schedule came out early this morning.

Last edited by mke9499; Oct 7, 2021 at 5:11 am
Old Oct 7, 2021, 5:37 am

Programs: WN
i had an adjustment on a 1/4 flight about a month ago
Old Oct 7, 2021, 7:34 am

I think (unfortunately) any future possibility of additional December changes are now gone since they are adjusting January and February
Old Oct 7, 2021, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Vaselaney24
I think (unfortunately) any future possibility of additional December changes are now gone since they are adjusting January and February
I had a mid December flight change this morning. Just the flight number but it triggered the email saying I can make changes.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by cebee
I had a mid December flight change this morning. Just the flight number but it triggered the email saying I can make changes.
Can you change the flight for free, even though they only changed the flight number?
Old Oct 7, 2021, 9:58 am
jmw

My route had no sale fares in Jan and onwards so I didn't populate the calendar with bookings yet. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by carlitos
Can you change the flight for free, even though they only changed the flight number?
Not online. Planning to call and see. Others have reported success.

edit: Email says new plane change, new flight number

Last edited by cebee; Oct 7, 2021 at 2:30 pm
Old Oct 7, 2021, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by jmw
My route had no sale fares in Jan and onwards so I didn't populate the calendar with bookings yet. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.
Very confused with your posting.

If you can change flights - it does not matter if there are sale fares???
Old Oct 7, 2021, 12:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I was able to change some flights for later this month by phone that I had received emails about over a month ago. One flight was changed by 15 minutes and the other was just the flight number.
cebee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.