Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

Old Mar 18, 2021, 5:26 pm

Not available for 5/5 flight HOU-IND
Old Mar 19, 2021, 6:53 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
It's route based this time. I have flights on 4/25 and 5/1 that can have free changes, but flights inside those dates that can't.
m907 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 10:52 pm

5/12 BWI-SEA works. Also 5/8-5/9 BWI-DAL. Nothing else for me
Old Mar 21, 2021, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by pitflyer
It's route based this time. I have flights on 4/25 and 5/1 that can have free changes, but flights inside those dates that can't.
Was the one easy to change a MAX and the others?
Old Mar 21, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Was the one easy to change a MAX and the others?

I don't see easy changes on my MAX flights. The flexible self changes reported seem to be based on route rather than equipment type.
While it's possible the system can isolate those for a change, policy thru May is just to allow a change once you are within 3 days of an upcoming MAX flight. My theory is that will be call-in only.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I was able to change a few random flights that were MAX. Non max did not allow changes. Only did a few, so hard to say.

Seems it would make way more sense than allowing some routes and not others.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I have four flights all within a week of each other. The first flight is on a Max8 -- can change. The second flight is on a Max8 -- can not change. The third flight is not Max, can not change. And finally, the fourth flight (the latest of the four) is not Max and I can change.
So there's some other logic than plane type or date in play here.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 12:18 am

Looks like the logic is the only banner flights the ones they did actual flight changes with. Got the email a couple hours ago. Doesn't seem as extreme of schedule change as most of my flights weren't affected, usually they all are
Any data points on how far out the random red banner flights are? Latest I have is 5/12
Old Mar 22, 2021, 6:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Southwest4ever
Any data points on how far out the random red banner flights are? Latest I have is 5/12
I have a 5/15 flight that had a schedule change over the weekend. It has the banner no-fare-difference changes.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 7:51 am

As sad as I am for me, if that's the case, I'm glad they've seemingly worked out how to handle mass changes a little more selectively. It was always completely ludicrous, although of course I enjoyed reaping the benefits. I hope for their sake they've got it all figured out and can start actually getting their 'due premium' from folks like myself.

I saved a lot of money/points pre-plague, and got to spend a lot of hours planning and dreaming of trips in a difficult time when the distraction was particularly appreciated. I even have a number of rock bottom trips on the books now - and for the first time in awhile, I actually have some possibility of taking them!
Old Mar 22, 2021, 11:04 am

BWI-SEA works 5/9-5/15, not 5/16 or 5/8 or any other date I tried. The banner appears even if the flight was just booked. I tried multiple routes for 5/12 and it still worked. Maybe it is date and route based but not specific flight based?

Looks like we're gonna need a lot of data points if we wanna milk the free changes like before. That being said, any other BWI flyers out there wanna share?
Old Mar 22, 2021, 11:30 am

BWI-SEA works 5/9-5/15, not 5/16 or 5/8 or any other date I tried. The banner appears even if the flight was just booked. I tried multiple routes for 5/12 and it still worked. Maybe it is date and route based but not specific flight based?

Looks like we're gonna need a lot of data points if we wanna milk the free changes like before. That being said, any other BWI flyers out there wanna share?
how do u know those available new dates? did u recently receive email from WN?
Old Mar 22, 2021, 11:34 am

I posted above that PIT-BWI wasn't working for a couple April and May dates I looked at.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by danhouston
how do u know those available new dates? did u recently receive email from WN?
I booked flights on each of those dates to test it out this morning. Originally I only had 5/12 booked so that's what I got the email about yesterday
Old Mar 22, 2021, 11:54 am

I booked flights on each of those dates to test it out this morning. Originally I only had 5/12 booked so that's what I got the email about yesterday
I see; WN emailed u about the chg for the previously booked on the 12th

want to chg flights to Cun in June, but Hyatt Zilara now doesn't have anymore std room with pts

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.