Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Either way, looks like this one is a goner ... it has been way more than a year. Actually, since little after the MAX was grounded that we enjoyed free changes. Other than last mini window of only February 15 flights being able to be changed for free, nothing else. It doesn't look good. Hope I am incorrect on this one, as I became an A List Preferred and have had Companion Pass for the last 4 years and a loyal WN frequent flyer while letting my UA 1K seat still.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 9:26 pm

I'm optimistic about the banner coming back seeing how the new strain can spread much more easily. Though I'm not sure why SW started the free changes to begin with, even after MAX8 was out of the schedule. Was it the state stay at home orders or was people's reluctance to travel?
Old Jan 16, 2021, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Southwest4ever
I'm optimistic about the banner coming back seeing how the new strain can spread much more easily. Though I'm not sure why SW started the free changes to begin with, even after MAX8 was out of the schedule. Was it the state stay at home orders or was people's reluctance to travel?
it started as the Max getting pulled from service. Then it was the massive schedule changes due to covid with lack of demand.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
I have the banner on two different Hawaii trips. One in March, the other in May.
figment7 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 2:30 pm

Programs: Marriott and MLife Platinum, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Interesting, lots of flights booked now through June, but only my Hawaii flts show the free change banner.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 3:28 pm

Yep, I was able to switch my Hawaii flights earlier this week but those were the only ones.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 7:33 am

Sorry to be dumb but where do you see the banner, if it is available?
Old Jan 22, 2021, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by marlin
Sorry to be dumb but where do you see the banner, if it is available?
When you go into reservation and click change there would be a banner saying you can change your flight etc etc then click continue. If you click change and it goes to select the flight and/or date option there is no free change at that point.
marlin likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 8:08 am

marlin and synergistic like this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 9:15 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
A free change to April 2020 just isn't good enough. I want free changes to 2019, so I can take a virus-free trip!
Old Jan 22, 2021, 9:30 am

Silly imagination...
Old Jan 22, 2021, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
A free change to April 2020 just isn't good enough. I want free changes to 2019, so I can take a virus-free trip!
At this point, give me changes for any future month they like, as it has now been more than 3 weeks without complimentary flight changes for the lower 50 states ex. Hawaii.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos
At this point, give me changes for any future month they like, as it has now been more than 3 weeks without complimentary flight changes for the lower 50 states ex. Hawaii.
Seems you got your wish for March/April
flyer4512 and synergistic like this.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 3:21 pm

Every time this thread gets bumped I get hopeful, and then today it happened. All of our speculative 'full protection tour' flights have the red bar. Hooray!

Also, I don't know when this happened, but FLL/PBI are no longer considered coterminals with MIA. No big deal, but I will play my future bookings a little differently.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Vaselaney24
Seems you got your wish for March/April
Uff, thankful! As I did need a couple changes for spring break

also, for synergistic, sadly, Miami has NEVER been added as co-terminal to FLL or PBI. Thing is, with the Turkish Lounge Open in J, I just love WN’s MIA services better than FLL 😉. And MIA is the one with the cheaper fares vs PBI & FLL for now
synergistic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.