Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2020, 4:03 pm

Something tells me it’s an excellent time to go bar-hopping in March and April.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 4:12 pm

Indeed it is... Looks like there may be a few bars open in February as well.

Last edited by Franklin7777; Dec 9, 2020 at 5:16 pm
Old Dec 16, 2020, 6:47 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Looks like complimentary changes from Februray 11 to March 5 and then +/- 30 days ...
Old Dec 16, 2020, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos
Looks like complimentary changes from Februray 11 to March 5 and then +/- 30 days ...
Thanks

Just changed 2/15 to 3/13 and 3/4 to 3/20
Old Jan 7, 2021, 10:17 am

I can't help but wonder if we've seen the last of these. I finally have flights I might actually take booked - but I suppose I'll take them happily at the prices I got. It's nice to have realistic hopes of leisure travel on the horizon!
Old Jan 7, 2021, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by synergistic
I can't help but wonder if we've seen the last of these. I finally have flights I might actually take booked - but I suppose I'll take them happily at the prices I got. It's nice to have realistic hopes of leisure travel on the horizon!
I wouldnt call it dead just yet. February 15 had a bar today. So maybe there will be more schedule changes or random occurrences in the future.
flyer4512, synergistic and rrsane like this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 11:34 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Vaselaney24
I wouldnt call it dead just yet. February 15 had a bar today. So maybe there will be more schedule changes or random occurrences in the future.
Was that a Hawaii flight? Or a flight to another destination with a quarantine change?
Old Jan 7, 2021, 11:50 am

I've had an individual flight change, of course, but I expect those will always allow free changes. It's the 'everyone gets it for the dates we allow' openings that I will miss.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:24 pm

Flight to SJD sees a red banner today 2/12-2/15 as well
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
Was that a Hawaii flight? Or a flight to another destination with a quarantine change?
Not Hawaii for me. Travel from PHX back to the midwest. Are you saying certain cities /states where quarantine rules could impact whether a banner appears?
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:48 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Vaselaney24
Not Hawaii for me. Travel from PHX back to the midwest. Are you saying certain cities /states where quarantine rules could impact whether a banner appears?
Is it a MAX8 flight?
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:50 pm

Heh, I booked a 15 Feb flight just to make sure it wasn't an open change date - no such luck.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
Is it a MAX8 flight?
Not currently, but I suppose it could have been a Max flight that they changed the plane for and that is why I am seeing the change banner now. Would be interesting if it was because I thought they used to open the whole schedule in the past as opposed to targeting specific max flights
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by synergistic
Heh, I booked a 15 Feb flight just to make sure it wasn't an open change date - no such luck.

I believe they have made changes where you can't just book a flight in the free change window and immediately change it. You have to have the flight already booked when the window opens up.

I know this was the case a month ago as I made a change to a lowest fare dummy flight I had booked for this reason, my son tried to book a flight and change it for the same exact dates and it would not work.

I think this has been reported before.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I believe they have made changes where you can't just book a flight in the free change window and immediately change it. You have to have the flight already booked when the window opens up.

I know this was the case a month ago as I made a change to a lowest fare dummy flight I had booked for this reason, my son tried to book a flight and change it for the same exact dates and it would not work.

I think this has been reported before.
I had that experience a few bar crawls ago, but then was again able to make changes to new bookings for the last few. Who knows what they're up to now - I'm not expecting to travel for fun until early April or so anyhow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.