Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2021, 12:04 pm

Programs: SW RR
I already have flights booked for October trip at good prices. But there are other dates +/ 30 days that are a lot cheaper. Should I cancel them? Buy new flights. Then make my free changes and move them back to my original dates that I want?
Old May 13, 2021, 12:21 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
It's odd because I have a mid September flight that's still not changeable. Not sure what the criteria is.
Old May 13, 2021, 1:09 pm

They seem to be making changes to flights at certain airports. A bunch of my flights either to LAS or connecting through LAS are eligible for changes. Other similar flights around the same date range -- but connecting through other cities -- are not.
flyer4512 and ursine1 like this.
Old May 13, 2021, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by AllThePants
They seem to be making changes to flights at certain airports. A bunch of my flights either to LAS or connecting through LAS are eligible for changes. Other similar flights around the same date range -- but connecting through other cities -- are not.
I think we have a winner... based on one of the previous posters success with changing DEN flights I just did a test booking out of BWI connecting through DEN and I can change it on a post 9/7 booking.
figment7 and CoffeeTraveler like this.
Old May 13, 2021, 1:40 pm

Just did a little bit of testing and it appears flights to or from MIA, MCO, FLL, PBI, TPA, and SRQ can be moved pre 9/7 but not post 9/6. Weird that they would focus on Florida like that. Didnt check JAX though
Old May 13, 2021, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Vaselaney24
Just did a little bit of testing and it appears flights to or from MIA, MCO, FLL, PBI, TPA, and SRQ can be moved pre 9/7 but not post 9/6. Weird that they would focus on Florida like that. Didnt check JAX though
I think pretty much all flights anywhere can be moved pre-9/7 at this point. The 9/7 and later changes seem to be restricted to flights using (from what I can gather from this thread so far) LAS and DEN.
Air Houston likes this.
Old May 13, 2021, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Franklin7777
I think pretty much all flights anywhere can be moved pre-9/7 at this point. The 9/7 and later changes seem to be restricted to flights using (from what I can gather from this thread so far) LAS and DEN.
Actually I note the MCO flights cannot be moved pre-9/7. Also, I had no issue booking new flights and changing for ALB, PHX or SEA as datapoints, but my focus right now is on Florida due to the anomaly
Old May 13, 2021, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Franklin7777
I have MSP/BDL and vice versa flights that can be changed, 7/5, 7/11 and 9/6, also LAS/MSP on 6/27...............I already repriced all of these flights so no need to change again but they all have red bars so what you said makes sense.
Old May 13, 2021, 4:05 pm

Was able to hop SJC/Hawaii all the way from 9/29 to June
Old May 13, 2021, 5:59 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I can confirm the hypothesis above -- flights with LAS or DEN are changeable in October, while flights for me that did not include those (MCO, STL for example) were not.
CoffeeTraveler likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
I’m having trouble changing doing a red bar change of SNA to SJD from a connection to a nonstop I think it has to do with the difference in the taxes. I keep erroring out. Any ideas other than calling?
Old May 14, 2021, 9:41 am

My August round trips DTW-MCO are changeable but not the one ways DTW-MCO or MCO-DTW. Strange.

edit: more info, Sat-Sat R/T changeable, Fri-Thur, however, were not. I was able to re-price my one ways tho.

Last edited by shadow520; May 14, 2021 at 9:53 am
Old May 16, 2021, 9:23 am

Data point for September 14th. I was booked ABQ-BOS roundtrip routing through BWI both times, with placeholder dates that I hoped would be changeable at some point. Did not get the red bar on this booking, so I made a fresh booking on points for the same dates, but routing through DEN on the return flight. As soon as the booking posted to my account, I got the red bar and was able to change the flight dates to my preferred days and routes. Then cancelled the original itinerary. Saved me about 10k points versus booking my preferred dates in the first place; makes me feel a bit better about all the disruptive schedule changes this year.
Old May 17, 2021, 1:34 am

damn, it’s dead while making chg around midnight pst... previous times usually lasted til 8ish on Mon
Old May 17, 2021, 7:30 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by danhouston
damn, it’s dead while making chg around midnight pst... previous times usually lasted til 8ish on Mon
You are correct, nothing allowed this early morning.
I did finish my entire year calendar (November 3rd is my last trip for now, LOL) yesterday at around 11:30pm ET with no problem moving all trips, except for some calendar spots in June and September, where there were no red bars. Either way, the June ones were not a problem once learning "which dates qualified", and September 7 to the end of that month can stay there until the next wave and calendar extension. But one thing is for sure, Southwest is allowing us again to travel, and travel A LOT! #Southwestforever
synergistic likes this.

Last edited by carlitos; May 17, 2021 at 8:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.