Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2020, 10:34 pm

Rats, my nonstop Southwest flights on MCI-MSP became connections, looks like I will stay on DL for now. Hopefully they keep it for Labor Day weekend in September.

Also, my Labor Day flights did NOT change and are still nonstop but I have the ability to change the flight for free. Does this mean that these flights are safe and won't change again?

Last edited by vike16; Jun 17, 2020 at 11:51 pm
Old Jun 18, 2020, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by CalItalian
I just moved a flight into October from August. If you know what you're doing, you can move flights practically anywhere on the schedule.
You mean from now to up to about mid-October correct? I havent seen availability to move past then in this current change window
Old Jun 18, 2020, 11:01 am

It’s dead, Jim.

The red bar is there but the free change is gone.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 11:47 am

I just changed 9/5 - 9/7. Hard to beat Labor Day weekend flights to/from vegas for 5364 points total ( companion pass) for 2 people R/T with great flight times.

Last edited by flyer4512; Jun 18, 2020 at 12:34 pm
Old Jun 18, 2020, 6:54 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Vaselaney24
You mean from now to up to about mid-October correct? I havent seen availability to move past then in this current change window
I changed my flights from the beginning of August to beginning of September, then I changed it again to beginning of October, then I changed it again to mid-October. All back to back changes that the system allowed right before I posted.

Right now, I have another odd instance. I was booked 9/2-9/8 from LAX-MSY on non-stop flights. Those non-stops are now gone as of today. They reassigned me to flights connecting through BNA. I want to change them online and can the outbound but the return now says the city pair has to be MSY-BNA (final destination BNA!) and not what I booked which is MSY-LAX. The system has really gone nuts. Also, just happened to look at all the WGA fares for the week before and after those dates and they are sold out on all dates for LAX-MSY which I highly doubt has occurred.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 7:37 pm

I changed my flights from the beginning of August to beginning of September, then I changed it again to beginning of October, then I changed it again to mid-October. All back to back changes that the system allowed right before I posted.

Right now, I have another odd instance. I was booked 9/2-9/8 from LAX-MSY on non-stop flights. Those non-stops are now gone as of today. They reassigned me to flights connecting through BNA. I want to change them online and can the outbound but the return now says the city pair has to be MSY-BNA (final destination BNA!) and not what I booked which is MSY-LAX. The system has really gone nuts. Also, just happened to look at all the WGA fares for the week before and after those dates and they are sold out on all dates for LAX-MSY which I highly doubt has occurred.
WN just ( about 8pm CST I received the emails) changed my Vegas flights for 9/5 - 9/7 , all WGA appeared to be sold out but when I changed to the new flight times I wanted all WGA were available but prices ( points) were not shown as it was still under free changes,

Last edited by flyer4512; Jun 18, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Old Jun 18, 2020, 8:16 pm

They're re-configuring the schedule because they removed the MAX through mid-september it appears. Availability might pop back up in a few days. Was like that before
Old Jun 18, 2020, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by spongenotbob
It’s dead, Jim.

The red bar is there but the free change is gone.
It's not.

As discussed in detail here, it comes and goes. Check again later.

My flights late July thru the end of August are all allowing free changes.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by vike16
Rats, my nonstop Southwest flights on MCI-MSP became connections, looks like I will stay on DL for now. Hopefully they keep it for Labor Day weekend in September.

Also, my Labor Day flights did NOT change and are still nonstop but I have the ability to change the flight for free. Does this mean that these flights are safe and won't change again?
Just got the email that my Labor Day weekend flights changed to connecting as well so if you have Labor Day weekend flights, check them to make sure they are the same.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 10:55 pm
jmw

I had something similar happen as well. I had to call it in, but then you can make subsequent changes online by yourself.
CalItalian likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 6:17 am

All my booked flights through Sep 7 seem to be eligible for free ~30 day shifts. My earliest booking NOT showing free changes available is Sep 24.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
It's not.

As discussed in detail here, it comes and goes. Check again later.

My flights late July thru the end of August are all allowing free changes.
You are correct. It was just that one reservation which seems to be impacted (maybe too many changes already).

All others - including new bookings - are still working.

Thanks!
ursine1 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Just book mid July and made changes within a few days... no problem.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 1:22 am
Original Member

On the mobile app, it looks like one gets a free change but then it charges the fare difference?
Old Jun 22, 2020, 8:53 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by sggolf
On the mobile app, it looks like one gets a free change but then it charges the fare difference?
Unless the software changed, the free changes stop when your trip date moves outside the active change window. Is your trip date later than September 12?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.