Wiki Posts
Search

Mexico Flight - Odds of Cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: SWA - A-list, AA Gold, Hilton Gold
Mexico Flight - Odds of Cancellation

We are supposed to leave for Cabo on Saturday, with a return the following Saturday. I know we're in crystal ball territory here, but is a return flight cancellation something to be concerned with 9 days out? I'd imagine there will be a lot of spring breakers needing to return, but I can't help but to be concerned.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
18.95678%, but that last digit may be off by 1.

Seriously, not even worth speculating about as nobody including WN has a clue yet.

Just keep your eye on things. If for some reason Mexico becomes an issue, be prepared to hop on a plane immediately or stick it out in Mexico. You also, need to consider the possibility of quarantine on return if it comes to pass that the Cabo area goes "hot".
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by Often1
18.95678%, but that last digit may be off by 1.

Seriously, not even worth speculating about as nobody including WN has a clue yet.

Just keep your eye on things. If for some reason Mexico becomes an issue, be prepared to hop on a plane immediately or stick it out in Mexico. You also, need to consider the possibility of quarantine on return if it comes to pass that the Cabo area goes "hot".
An option would be to fly to Tijuana and cross the border to San Diego on foot. But you'd have to get to Tijuana on a different airline.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
An option would be to fly to Tijuana and cross the border to San Diego on foot. But you'd have to get to Tijuana on a different airline.
That may or may not affect the quarantine risk. Also, a mighty expensive trip with two new air tickets.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:31 pm

The unforeseen is a given in Mexico. Bring cash.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:56 pm

Rent a yacht with hot strippers.

Wait for lighter winds around Cabo Falso before departing. Set your sails close-hauled on a starboard tack, set the windvane on autopilot, sit back and read a book.
Bluesman62 and joshua362 like this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: WN A-List, CP, Marriott Gold
Also, as a former long time Mexico resident, I am fairly certain that information regarding infection rates, especially for Mexican tourist destinations, will be grossly under-reported, if at all... and, if so, that the outbreak will be "under control" with few or no threats to tourists. Take a look..https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-testing-level
Old Mar 12, 2020, 2:46 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
An option would be to fly to Tijuana and cross the border to San Diego on foot.
Or bridge. As of yesterday, the CBX remains open.
steved5480 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.