Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Reprice your trips now! Super-low fares for travel through early June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reprice your trips now! Super-low fares for travel through early June

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2020, 8:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by radonc1
And this disease is far more contagious than SARS ever was.
... and the overwhelming number of people who have it having no symptoms, or mild ones.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
SARS killed 774 people worldwide in 2002-03. You're aware that COVID-19 has already killed vastly more than that in just the past 3 months and is still accelerating in many parts of the world, right?
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:15 pm

Hopefully, we can get this thread back on track. Anyways, red banner free changes has been extended into May (at least May 25th at this time) so if you’re still traveling and need some better flights, now is the time to make those changes.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Marcus Harper
Hopefully, we can get this thread back on track. Anyways, red banner free changes has been extended into May (at least May 25th at this time) so if you’re still traveling and need some better flights, now is the time to make those changes.
I was able to change an April 12th trip to June 11th with no extra charge. Pick ANY flight.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I was able to change an April 12th trip to June 11th with no extra charge. Pick ANY flight.
Sorry. I meant flights booked for travel thru May 25. Not the pushed out date to still take the flight.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 11:48 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Changed a Hawaii trip from Long Weekend in May (22-25) to Long Weekend in July (2-5). Hopping everything is over by then and the World is back to normal (as much as possible).
I really just don't know what else to say or do, as this situation is just taking a toll on me. I know the World of the Airlines/Loyalty Programs/Points will never be the same after this event.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 12:19 am

Re-Booked a Friday June 5 trip for a friend of mine from LAS to PIT and saved $96 ($225-129)

Bowl857
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Just repriced again and saved another 14.5k pts.

Original price was 46.5k, new price is 19k. Just crazy
And the event we were flying for got cancelled (a graduation), so full refund now
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
And the event we were flying for got cancelled (a graduation), so full refund now
Your flight was cancelled by Southwest, and not as a result of an airport closure or governmental travel ban? (Otherwise, travel funds not refund.)
Nevermind! As pointed out below, points bookings remain fully refundable in all instances.

Last edited by ursine1; Mar 20, 2020 at 8:42 pm
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:35 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by ursine1
Your flight was cancelled by Southwest, and not as a result of an airport closure or governmental travel ban? (Otherwise, travel funds not refund.)
Points bookings are always refundable.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
Points bookings are always refundable.
Oh, duh. Overlooked the part where he mentioned the points adjustment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.