Wiki Posts
Search

Check In Cut-Off Times (Dom-To-Intl)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2020, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Carnival VIFP Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Check In Cut-Off Times (Dom-To-Intl)

My wife is ticketed DCA-FLL-PLS for a coming girls trip, and she has TSA Precheck. Having never flown WN internationally, I was curious how it differs from domestic. Will she have to check in at a counter to produce her passport before (or after) security at DCA? Or at the gate at FLL? Are there cutoff times for doing so? She has a long layover at FLL.

Would arriving 90 minutes before departure at a low traffic time of week for DCA cause any cutoffs to be missed? Usually 60 minutes for a domestic is plenty.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 11:20 am

She will not receive her boarding pass for the domestic leg until her passport is scanned at origin airport. She can check in online for her boarding position but will get a message to see an agent for actual boarding pass issuance. The self service kiosks sometimes work for scanning a passport but sometimes are finicky & won’t. I allow a little more time than normal in case I have to wait in the full service line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.