Kicked off Southwest flight...

Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
There were a number of good posts, and some asking questions, but they got moved to "Peanut Gallery" thread. I personally do not follow threads like that as multiple topics get bounced all over the place. This is not the only forum/board that does this, and I avoid that sort of thread there as well.

Meanwhile, the OP has not been very clear about all that happened. In particular why she left the ticket counter without everything being cleared up and opted to deal with it at the gate instead.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Originally Posted by joshua362
Everyone is with the lack of details and confusing terminology... Need more facts and less rant / color commentary to figure this one out.
Obviously it was a perfect storm of misfortune. OP's BP wouldn't scan, and suddenly none of the kiosks in the airport would work either. Rogue, unprofessional employees at the Southwest counter wouldn't print her a new BP. In the end she was moved to a later flight because a standby passenger nabbed her seat even though no one had boarded the plane yet. Eventually an important dinner was missed.

I think that is it in a nutshell.
trouble747 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
This was my original assessment on the first thread:

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
I'm not quite sure exactly what happened here. When you say "ticket", do you mean boarding pass?

My understanding is this:

OP had a paid booking for the direct flight, but the original boarding pass could not be scanned by the TSA.

OP asked an agent to print a new boarding pass. Agent refused and offloaded the OP, supplying a boarding pass for a later, indirect flight.

OP cleared security, then asked the gate agent to put her back on the original flight and was told it was full.

OP, please correct me if I'm wrong.
If this is in fact the case, OP has a very strong case for IDB.
m907 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:29 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I do understand the OP's reason for anger being delayed EIGHT hours to destination however answering the questions I/we have asked could get her going in the right direction for WN compensation in the (off) chance they were at fault.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I don’t understand the assertion that printing a boarding pass necessitates offloading the passenger. Does that happen at Southwest?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
What was the flight number and what day was this?

Maybe some folks can help a bit.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:13 pm

Very combative and rambling post. Sometimes you just wonder who the person is on the other side of the keyboard.
Tanic and kennycrudup like this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
Moderator note to the OP:

Please read the start of the peanut gallery thread. Its purpose is to permit discussions which in other forums might be deleted. This is literally the opposite of trying to silence you. Please continue the discussion freely there. And thanks for returning, which we dont often see. I hope our members can figure out what happened on your trip and provide helpful advice. We have all learned from unfortunate travel experiences.
I'll make my first post here, so that my next post won't get noted as "stupid first time poster doesn't know what he's doing."
Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
What was the flight number and what day was this?

Maybe some folks can help a bit.
Not a good idea.

joshua362 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If I look at Southwest schedule, I can not find a flight that leaves any day of the week at 2:25. Maybe the flight flew last week, but not next?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 1:54 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
If I look at Southwest schedule, I can not find a flight that leaves any day of the week at 2:25. Maybe the flight flew last week, but not next?
Interestingly, No flights at that time in Flightaware's archive or FlightRadar24 either.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 3:25 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Tanic
Interestingly, No flights at that time in Flightaware's archive or FlightRadar24 either.
OP, please come back and clarify the flight time discrepancy, ideally including the flight number and date.
MSYtoJFKagain likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 5:01 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Looks like could be WN 3367, a Sunday only flight at 2;55 PM on the schedule and flight aware that left "ontime". She's saying 2:25pm above so we really need clarification... (Or there's a 12:55pm Saturday flight)

Gate Departure
03:00PM CST
Scheduled 02:55PM CST
Takeoff
03:11PM CST
Scheduled 03:05PM CST
Taxi Time: 11 minutes
Average Delay: Less than 10 minutes

ARRIVAL TIMES

Landing
04:46PM CST
Scheduled 04:38PM CST
Gate Arrival
04:51PM CST
Scheduled 05:00PM CST
LegalTender likes this.

Last edited by joshua362; Feb 25, 2020 at 5:10 pm
Old Feb 26, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Why cant the ticket counter just note on pass it is good and cant reprint. They could also issue a gate pass to get you through.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 9:35 am

Yeah. If you flew you will not get any refund.
But cool story.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.