Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Hotels - boost broken?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2020, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Southwest Hotels - boost broken?

When you book via southwesthotels.com, the properties that offer 1000+ 'extra' points also allow you to choose a more expensive rate to get an extra 2000 points per night. Then, after you've selected your room, when it's time to pay, the site sometimes offers to sell you an additional "boost" of 2000 points per night. As of today, the boost appears to be broken - offering to let me purchase zero extra points for zero extra dollars. In the past, if the boost was unavailable, it just wouldn't even show the boost section. I think this is just an error, not a change, but I can't really be sure.

I know this is run through a third party, but I can't figure out who to contact to see what's up. I have some travel I need to book ASAP =/

Last edited by synergistic; Feb 5, 2020 at 8:50 am
Old Feb 5, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by synergistic
When you book via southwesthotels.com, the properties that offer 1000+ 'extra' points also allow you to choose a more expensive rate to get an extra 2000 points per night. Then, after you've selected your room, when it's time to pay, the site sometimes offers to sell you an additional "boost" of 2000 points per night. As of today, the boost appears to be broken - offering to let me purchase zero extra points for zero extra dollars. In the past, if the boost was unavailable, it just wouldn't even show the boost section. I think this is just an error, not a change, but I can't really be sure.

I know this is run through a third party, but I can't figure out who to contact to see what's up. I have some travel I need to book ASAP =/
Just a thought and probably won't make a difference but try a different browser or maybe a phone instead of a computer. I've seen different results when looking at it different ways. Clearing history and cookies can make a difference too.

Might just be a glitch. Probably will correct itself eventually.
synergistic likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Critterlynn
Just a thought and probably won't make a difference but try a different browser or maybe a phone instead of a computer. I've seen different results when looking at it different ways. Clearing history and cookies can make a difference too.

Might just be a glitch. Probably will correct itself eventually.
I figured I'd try when I get to a computer this evening - I only have my phone right now which leaves me with limited options. I hope they get it sorted, one of the nights I need to book is tonight =p

As for different results when searching different ways, I've noticed that too. Typically, incognito mode will force some of the missing options back. This particular issue isn't something I've run into before, and incognito mode has no effect. Here's hoping a 'real' browser will work just fine.

Any chance someone else can do a quick search and tell me if they're seeing business as usual, or if they also see the 0pt boost?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I just looked for a random hotel in NYC tonight and saw the same 0 pt "boost" option you describe above. And I've never been to this site before. Sum Ting Wong for sure.
synergistic likes this.

Last edited by joshua362; Feb 5, 2020 at 2:23 pm Reason: grammar
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:29 am
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Good afternoon all! I will bring this to the attention of our Hotel representative in Marketing, and report back my findings.
synergistic likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:36 pm

Quick update - we have reported this to our hotel vendor, they have confirmed the issue and that it is NOT working correctly.
They have opened a ticket to get it corrected as soon as possible. I will let you know as soon as I hear that its resolved.

Thank you all for being proactive in reporting these issues as you find them!
synergistic and dlaue like this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SWAVictor
Quick update - we have reported this to our hotel vendor, they have confirmed the issue and that it is NOT working correctly.
They have opened a ticket to get it corrected as soon as possible. I will let you know as soon as I hear that its resolved.

Thank you all for being proactive in reporting these issues as you find them!
I just checked, and it's back to normal! Thank you so much for poking into this =) Being stuck far from home for work is made much more tolerable when it helps offset the cost of getting to spend some time away for leisure.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:29 am

As synergistic has already noted - this issue was resolved yesterday afternoon!

Thanks to everyone for reporting issues as you see them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.