Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Southwest charges extra to change flight when they change the schedule?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest charges extra to change flight when they change the schedule?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by audio-nut
Which airlines allow you to do a free change online after a schedule change?
I know for sure that United does. I got an one last minute email that a flight had been changed. We rebooked you on these flights but if you want different flights you can go online and change them. I did. There was another connection through another airport that worked better for me and I changed it on-line for no charge.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by jeffandnicole
Can you make the schedule change online with those other airlines...or do you have to call, just like you did with Southwest?
Depends mostly on how much of a change. A few minutes - nope. A few hours, yes.

And sometimes you can just do it online. Have done it with AA an DL in the past.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 12:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BobOscar
I know for sure that United does. I got an one last minute email that a flight had been changed. We rebooked you on these flights but if you want different flights you can go online and change them. I did. There was another connection through another airport that worked better for me and I changed it on-line for no charge.
Years ago, I remember being constantly frustrated and very critical of United's IT. I was flying them pretty regularly (Premier Exec - midtier) and their website was a pile of hot garbage.

But I gotta give them credit: in the past couple, flying them somewhat less (Silver), I've had pretty good experiences with both the website and mobile app. Had family in tow last year when our flight was canceled...was able to rebook all of us to a better flight than the one we originally had while I was on the rental car bus on the way to the terminal. As for the desktop version of their website, I like that you can book the vast majority of the Star Alliance from their site.

I seem to recall reading here that they lifted a lot of Continental's IT. I don't know if that's true or not, but in any case it's pretty good now and the mobile app features are obviously newer than the merger.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by BobOscar
Schedule change or IROP?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.