Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Boarding delayed at Love Field for Dallas mayor?

Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD

Heard a report that the boarding for a Southwest flight originating out of Love Field earlier this evening was delayed by police for 15 minutes so the mayor of Dallas could board first. Curious as to whether any FTers on here could confirm that?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:02 pm

That stuff happens all the time...why does it seem unusual to you? 15 minutes is a rounding error to most pax.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
I disagree with your premise that this “happens all the time.” When I see members of Congress, local politicians, etc. on flights, they typically board like normal people.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by HKG_Flyer1
I disagree with your premise that this “happens all the time.” When I see members of Congress, local politicians, etc. on flights, they typically board like normal people.
I used to work at BUR. California governor flew WN often. Always boarded first with his (probably armed) security folks.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:50 am

kind of weird. do the police then fly with him, or is he stuck in a metal tube without them?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Wow 15 minutes? It's the end of days when that starts to happen with airlines.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:38 pm

15 whole minutes?!
Old Jan 23, 2020, 7:51 am

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
I have seen it happen often at DAL where the SUVs drive right up to the plane and let security conscious folks board first. I must say that I have never seen a delay of more than 5 minutes.

On the first flight of the day it is easy but on later flights the FA use placards to block off seats in the front.

Not sure how the FA would block off enough seats in WPB, where a third of the flight pax seems to need special accommodation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.