Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

2020 Companion Pass. Points posting and Activation Timing

Old Jan 12, 20, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

Okay, it appears we are past the end of the year processing. Folks should be getting their bonus points posted and earning a new Companion Pass.

What sort of dates and timing are you experiencing THIS year?

Statement date?
Posting on RR Account?
Companion Pass showing available?
Old Jan 13, 20, 7:50 am

My statement date for my two credit card SUBs was 1/4.
The points actually posted to Southwest on 1/8.
I'm still waiting on the Companion Pass to show as available.

Anybody else in the same boat? I have a companion to add for a flight in about a month so I'm a little anxious that it's taking so long. The points part shows as complete but no option yet to add a companion.

FWIW, I still see "Account maintenance coming soon" warning on my account page, so maybe they are still doing end of year processing?
Old Jan 13, 20, 9:31 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Exact same data as user above / points on 1/4 statement date, posted to Southwest on 1/8, but still can not select companion. I wonder if anyone who had points earlier (from 1/1 to 1/3) is able to select companion yet?
Old Jan 13, 20, 9:40 am

Statement Date(s): 01/03 x 2
Posting to RR Account: 01/08 x 2
Companion pass progress bar is “complete” but as of today still unable to designate companion.

My account was one of those affected by end of year processing, but that was complete by the time the SUBs posted.

I actually reached out to SW on Twitter. They referred to language in the T&C stating that it could take up to 21 business days, but my opinion is that the language actually refers to 21 business days for receipt of the companion pass card.
Old Jan 13, 20, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by jay4 View Post
Statement Date(s): 01/03 x 2
Posting to RR Account: 01/08 x 2
Companion pass progress bar is “complete” but as of today still unable to designate companion.

My account was one of those affected by end of year processing, but that was complete by the time the SUBs posted.

I actually reached out to SW on Twitter. They referred to language in the T&C stating that it could take up to 21 business days, but my opinion is that the language actually refers to 21 business days for receipt of the companion pass card.
Yea... gotta hate that "standard language" stuff they hide behind.

Trying to understand the normal or expected timing from when points hit account on the WN side and when they actually allow you to designate a companion. I wonder if they run that process daily, or once a week, or what?
Old Jan 13, 20, 11:30 am

Someone posted on Reddit after HUCA 3x they were able to get someone to designate a companion on their pass this year. So sounds like the website is still behind but if you are persistent and need it now you can nag Southwest till they do it....
Old Jan 13, 20, 4:47 pm

Statement date? Jan 12. Chase statements viewed Jan 13 both show the bonus points earned.
Posting on RR Account? Noticed them in the account at 9:45pm pacific Jan 13
Companion Pass showing available? My circle was complete same time as points posted. Able to designate companion 5:45am Pacific Jan 14!
NoStressHere likes this.

Last edited by Moorea; Jan 14, 20 at 6:47 am
Old Jan 13, 20, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by mollings View Post

Anybody else in the same boat? I have a companion to add for a flight in about a month so I'm a little anxious that it's taking so long. The points part shows as complete but no option yet to add a companion.

FWIW, I still see "Account maintenance coming soon" warning on my account page, so maybe they are still doing end of year processing?
Same timeline and results here. My "Account Maintenance..." went away today but still unable to designate a companion. Their twitter response told me "10 days"

Last edited by Sloflyer032; Jan 13, 20 at 5:11 pm Reason: addition
Old Jan 14, 20, 5:50 am

Statement closed on 1/3.
Points posted on 1/8.
Companion Pass showed up in my account snapshot for the first time this morning (1/14).
synergistic likes this.
Old Jan 14, 20, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Moorea View Post
Statement date? Jan 12. Chase statements viewed Jan 13 both show the bonus points earned.
Posting on RR Account? Noticed them in the account at 9:45pm pacific Jan 13
Companion Pass showing available? My circle was complete same time as points posted. Able to designate companion 5:45am Pacific Jan 14!

Seems like SW is now caught up and things are running as usual (unless I just got lucky).
Old Jan 14, 20, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by mollings View Post

As of early this morning (around 6:15am Central Time), I was able to designate my companion. Hope everyone else can too!
Old Jan 14, 20, 9:24 am

Programs: Southwest
First post, signed up since going for a CP early this year via two SUBs and researching this topic. Looks like the processes are completing in 4-10 days.
For me... Statement cutoff 1/10 and 1/11. Both show transferred to Southwest on Chase side. Nothing on SW yet. Will give it a few more.

UPDATE -- All posted 1/15. CP available immediately. So about 4-5 days total.

Last edited by SquishyBall; Jan 16, 20 at 6:47 am
Old Jan 14, 20, 11:53 am

Programs: WN
**EDIT**

both biz and personal statements closed 1/11, points showed on statement on 1/11, points posted to WN early 1/15. "Congratulations you've earned companion pass" showed up later in the afternoon on 1/15

Last edited by jerryfreak; Jan 15, 20 at 4:23 pm
Old Jan 14, 20, 6:38 pm

Completing my DP: 1/4 statement, 1/8 points post and now 1/14 companion pass available to be selected
NoStressHere likes this.
Old Jan 17, 20, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

My update:

Points hit both cards on Jan 16th
Showed up on Jan 17th. One CCard account early morning. By late morning, they showed on other account.
Points and companion pass shows on RR account mid day.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: