Check in Error

Old Jan 11, 2020, 4:52 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Check in Error

Everytime I check in using the mobile app, it says there is an error, resulting in me clicking like 3 times with pauses before it checks me in. By then I’m in the mid B range?

Why does this happen? Any tips on how to check in without this error glitch?

Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2020, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by sggolf
Everytime I check in using the mobile app, it says there is an error, resulting in me clicking like 3 times with pauses before it checks me in. By then I’m in the mid B range?

Thanks!
Probably checking in too early. It used to be 24 hours and maybe 1 second to be able to check in. Now it seems to be 8-10 seconds after the 24 hour window. At least that’s how it’s been for me. Probably don’t need to waste time checking in since I’m Alist but I still do it.
Tanic likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Yea... it does seem to be a few extra seconds, but I can not tell for sure.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Marcus Harper
Probably checking in too early. It used to be 24 hours and maybe 1 second to be able to check in. Now it seems to be 8-10 seconds after the 24 hour window. At least that’s how it’s been for me. Probably don’t need to waste time checking in since I’m Alist but I still do it.
I have A list but my CP companion doesn't. He is an exacting type and whenever he checks himself or anyone else in, he loads up time.gov in one browser and the southwest check in page in another about 10 minutes before t-24 and checks in as soon as check in opens.

He used to find that check in opened exactly when time.gov hit t-24, but coinciding with a southwest reservations system change some time ago noticed that the check in window is no longer consistent. These days it seems to range anywhere from 3 seconds before t-24 to as many as 8 seconds after, most often after.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by sggolf

Thanks!
The mid-Bs position can also be a function of a lot of A-list and EBCI people ahead of you, and not necessarily that you are not among the first to check in at exactly t-24.

I personally prefer to check in on web - even if I am on my phone I won't use the app, I find the experience to be smoother.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:24 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by willywilkes
The mid-Bs position can also be a function of a lot of A-list and EBCI people ahead of you, and not necessarily that you are not among the first to check in at exactly t-24.

I personally prefer to check in on web - even if I am on my phone I won't use the app, I find the experience to be smoother.
Thanks. That's an interesting tip about trying to check-in on the web. I did get an error message at check in and the delay in trying to clear it, I think hurt my chances.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:49 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by mdword
I have A list but my CP companion doesn't. He is an exacting type and whenever he checks himself or anyone else in, he loads up time.gov in one browser and the southwest check in page in another about 10 minutes before t-24 and checks in as soon as check in opens.

He used to find that check in opened exactly when time.gov hit t-24, but coinciding with a southwest reservations system change some time ago noticed that the check in window is no longer consistent. These days it seems to range anywhere from 3 seconds before t-24 to as many as 8 seconds after, most often after.
I have the exact same experience.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Marcus Harper
Probably don’t need to waste time checking in since I’m Alist but I still do it.
Fun times.

Are these statements true?
  • Order within BS is determined by checkin time closest to 24 hours before the flight departure time.
  • Alist/Preferred members can board between the A and B groups if they get bad boarding numbers outside of the A group.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by LegalTender
Fun times.

• Order within BS is determined by checkin time closest to 24 hours before the flight departure time.
  • Alist/Preferred members can board between the A and B groups if they get bad boarding numbers outside of the A group.
I don't think the first one if not true any longer it seems Southwest has begun checking BS in automatically at T-36.

The second one is still true.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by LegalTender
Fun times.

This is no longer correct.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.