Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A-List & CP

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

A-List & CP

Greetings from GEG. Logged into my Southwest account this morning and was surprised to see that I now have A-List status through 6/30/20. I didn't qualify with points or flights. Any idea why I was given A-List for 6 months. Totaled up the value of SW points and companion pass tickets in 2019 and it was > $5000 and included flights to Maui and Aruba.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:00 pm

It's only the 2nd day of the year...give it a minute
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:03 pm

Uh oh.

I'm seeing this as well. I did earn CP, but was no where close to earning A-List, and didn't participate in any status match.

I feel like this has happened before. I'm guessing this is (yet another) "glitch" that Southwest will have to do some apologizing for.

Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:10 pm

My other half with 1500tqp all from spend is seeing A-List. My account is still pending. Boy, I hope they feel like they need to make this right with a challenge...
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
My account has not updated yet.

BUT - I am pretty sure something like this happened last year. I think some of us got an email and a few hours later - OOPS!

I forgot where I left my memory bank, so that might not be totally accurate.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:14 pm

Incorrect Status Email from Southwest

I asked Google for some help, this is what I found immediately. Two totally different fails - I can't tell if that's better or worse than committing the exact same fail twice.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

I Googled it prior to posting and re-checked my email. Nothing relevant from SW.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Alacrity79
I Googled it prior to posting and re-checked my email. Nothing relevant from SW.
Yeah, my other half doesn't have an email about it, either. Last time around the website was right and the email was wrong. This time... Well, we'll see, but I don't he'll be automatically checked in to our flights in two weeks.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:06 pm

Doc says some are getting free A list for 6 months

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/south...sion_counter=1
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:43 pm

FWIW, that's not the credit card he got - he did the Priority, I think the second round of signups. Was a two part bonus requiring 10k spend. I would be pretty pleased if this was intentional and stuck...
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:16 pm

[ Edit: It appears I was wrong. ]

Yeah, no. I'm sure this isn't a "gift."

I didn't open that version of the credit card either.

It's Southwest. So, "glitch."

(And there was no sort of make-good that I recall last time this happened.)

Last edited by ursine1; Jan 2, 2020 at 11:30 pm
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:59 pm
Company Representative, Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
Hi There. Wanted to let you all know that I have reported this to our Loyalty Team who is researching this issue. I’ve also reached out to a few folks on here for some information to help us in the review.

Will update as I hear more. Thanks for letting us know about this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 10:52 pm
Company Representative, Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
Hi There! I confirmed with our Loyalty team that this is indeed legit and not a glitch.

A select group of Chase Cardmember Customers were targeted for promotional A-List status that was automatically granted through June 30, 2020. Consider it a surprise and delight!

If you were targeted for the promotion then letters explaining the change will be sent out starting 1/7/2020. Also, an email to those that subscribe to the RR Email Update will go out on 1/10/2020 letting you know more.

If for some reason you have unexpectedly gotten status and didn’t get either of those communications, or are not a Chase Southwest card holder, please feel free to let us know at Contact Us

Otherwise, please enjoy the promotional status for those who received it.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by swaMark
Hi There! I confirmed with our Loyalty team that this is indeed legit and not a glitch.

A select group of Chase Cardmember Customers were targeted for promotional A-List status that was automatically granted through June 30, 2020. Consider it a surprise and delight!

If you were targeted for the promotion then letters explaining the change will be sent out starting 1/7/2020. Also, an email to those that subscribe to the RR Email Update will go out on 1/10/2020 letting you know more.

If for some reason you have unexpectedly gotten status and didn’t get either of those communications, or are not a Chase Southwest card holder, please feel free to let us know at Contact Us

Otherwise, please enjoy the promotional status for those who received it.
Thanks for the explanation, and for awarding me A-List through this promotion. [I did get the SW CC for CP+points last year]

Last edited by stuyguy; Jan 2, 2020 at 11:12 pm
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:12 pm

Wow. I'm stunned.

Based on what I'm seeing elsewhere, that "select group" seems to be pretty large. I suppose I should just be thankful that it includes me.
synergistic and MikeW_ORD like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.