Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

WN exec speculates about future Europe service

Old Dec 20, 2019, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/...watterson.html

Says if it comes it's years away.

For me, using an incognito window prevented popups.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Look how long Hawaii too to get off the ground.... and that did not have any intl governments involved. And of course, there is the equipment. Gonna be years before WN gets back to where they want/need to be domestically.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Look how long Hawaii too to get off the ground.... and that did not have any intl governments involved. And of course, there is the equipment. Gonna be years before WN gets back to where they want/need to be domestically.
What "equipment" issues? This is about finding a codeshare partner already flying TATL. They already have the "intl government" permits.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 12:19 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
So in the future Southwest might be looking for a trans Atlantic codeshare partner to run international flights.

WN has obviously figured out how to do international flying with its Mexico and Central America/Caribbean flights - are agreements with European countries drastically different? Or is it the codeshare that makes it different?

(edit - I misread “dissimilar to Hawaii” as “similar” in the article and initially thought it was about flying to Europe on WN metal, not codeshares)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.