Community
Wiki Posts
Search

December streaming movies

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

December streaming movies

We have a long day flying LAX-BWI-SJU (not our original Itin, but LAX-TPA got Maxed) in 2 weeks and was wondering if anyone knows what the streaming movies are for December? The website doesn’t give a list, but some examples only.

Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2019, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I do not have the list, even though we flew 4 flights this month and a few more later in the month.

If you have Prime or Netflix, they have tons of stuff you can download to your device as well. That is what we do when we travel which gives us more control over what we can watch and the "system" is never down. Also works great if a long wait in the airport.

Have a great flight.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I do not have the list, even though we flew 4 flights this month and a few more later in the month.

If you have Prime or Netflix, they have tons of stuff you can download to your device as well. That is what we do when we travel which gives us more control over what we can watch and the "system" is never down. Also works great if a long wait in the airport.

Have a great flight.
Add Disney+ to that list of downloadable movies as well. Assuming you're using an iOS or Android device (requires their app). No love on my Win10 tablet.
NoStressHere likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

While we have all that, it's more a case of trying not to download and take up space with something like Descendants 3, which is being streamed this month. We also have to figure out how to get the app on Fire tablets.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:48 pm
Company Representative, Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
Hi FT Friends,

Here's the list of all the movies currently onboard. I would post the link to the SWA Community post but my account is too new. We're working on getting the WiFI page to have the whole list up and running but for now are posting this monthly on SWA Community.

New Releases:

Descendants 3
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw
Late Night
Plus One
The Kitchen
The Lion King (2019)

Holiday Movies to enjoy through the end of December:

A Bad Moms Christmas
Elf
Home Alone
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

The full library of movies available:

12 Strong
A Bad Moms Christmas
A Dog's Journey
A Star is Born
Adrift (2018)
Aladdin (2019)
Aquaman
Avengers: Endgame
Captain Marvel
Crazy Rich Asians
Creed II
Den of Thieves
Descendants 3
Dumbo (2019)
Elf
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw
Finding Steve McQueen
Game Night
Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Home Alone
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)
I Am Mother
I Feel Pretty
Isn't It Romantic
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum
Late Night
Life of the Party
Little
Mia and the White Lion
Molly's Game
Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Ocean's 8
Plus One
Pokémon Detective Pikachu
Second Act
Shaft
Shazam!
Tag
The 15:17 to Paris
The Hustle
The Kitchen
The Last Black Man in San Francisco
The Lion King (2019)
The Meg
The Mustang
The Secret Life of Pets 2
Toy Story 4
Yesterday
OzzyOzzie, sdsearch, ryw and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 2:58 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Welcome to FT, swaMark!
swaMark likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 9:58 am

Hi there. Think I’m up to enough posts now to share the link to the movies. Same list as above but sharing so you know where we post these in the future.

December 2019 Inflight Movie List

Hat tip to Kiran on our Digital team who pulls this together for us!

Also, if you have feedback on the movie selection or ideas for 2020 let me know. We’re working on expanding our selection for younger kiddos right now to keep our little ones happy and engaged while flying.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 2:08 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I recently saw the movie "Balloon" which would be a good addition and likely not too costly. It's appropriately themed for viewing at altitude!
swaMark likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by swaMark
Hi there. Think I’m up to enough posts now to share the link to the movies. Same list as above but sharing so you know where we post these in the future.

December 2019 Inflight Movie List

Hat tip to Kiran on our Digital team who pulls this together for us!

Also, if you have feedback on the movie selection or ideas for 2020 let me know. We’re working on expanding our selection for younger kiddos right now to keep our little ones happy and engaged while flying.
Thanks for posting.

Maybe the "Digital Team" can start a new thread titled CURRENT MOVIES on SOUTHWEST.
Then, once a month, add a new post with the current movies for that month. They can then leave up the old one, or edit out the old movies, whichever works best.

By having ONE thread, users can just bookmark that, or add the link in my "SOUTHWEST NOTES" file.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 3:26 pm

Great idea! Good news is that what we’re working towards Is heading in the same direction. Plan right now is to get the inflight Entertainment and WiFi page on Southwest.com constantly updated with the full list. We have a bit of behind the scenes work to make that happen. Until that’s all done we’ll plan to keep the Southwest Community postings updated so you know what’s currently onboard.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 2:55 am

Thanks for this info, Mark. I fly tomorrow and I was going to watch some downloaded episode of the British version of The Apprentice, but now I see some movies I can watch instead.

Southwest seems to be making a push to communicate with the public better and in less formal ways, and I have to say I like it. I was away from Flyer Talk for a bit and I come back to lots of helpful posts from Southwest employees! Thanks!
nsx and swaMark like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.