Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Why can't I *ever* change my flights on the Southwest website?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

For at least the past year, maybe two, whenever I have tried to change my flights on the Southwest website, I can't. It always gives me an error message that is just a random string of numbers and letters:

Sorry, we found some errors...

• There was an issue verifying your flight information. Please go back and re-select your flight(s)
Error detail 1: e3MigFU8RaWTO2LB-B01qQ : cd9de0fd-0066-4690-aafd-3b6d6bdfd8e0 : 40062037712/02/2019 - 18:40:26

I can click "re-select" and do it until I'm blue in the face, and it will always give me this error. It doesn't matter which browser I use. It gives me the same error in my phone app. I can try over and over and it always happens. It's incredibly annoying. Usually I resort to canceling my original flight and then re-booking a new one, but I would much rather just change it so there's less risk involved. My mom is able to change flights on Southwest without any problems at all.

Any idea what the issue could be? Anyone have this issue and get it resolved?
carraher likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:57 pm

Booked thru a travel agent? (your company travel engine, etc)
LadyShiva likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dmbolp
Booked thru a travel agent? (your company travel engine, etc)
No. I always book flights directly on Southwest.com myself, logged into my personal Rapid Rewards account.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:19 pm

I have a similar issue when I reprice a flight. I get a message about not being able to confirm some flight info and to try again. But it happens over and over. I just call in and have an agent handle it...don’t mind that much because it’s to get a better price but it’s annoying.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:22 pm

A+ here, always book via website or app and this happens way too frequently. Only remedy is to call. Very annoying.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 6:46 am

Same problem here. Also it seems I am always placed on hold while the representative consults a supervisor.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I have probably canceled and/or changed 40 flights this past year. Mostly changed with the MAX issues. Never had a problem at all - except when I still had a companion attached.

This must be a real bummer for those that have a problem.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: WN A+, CP, HH Diamond, National EE
Yeah, I do this often and never have had a problem. I agree it must be a bummer. Interesting that it is inconsistent among individuals. Does anyone have the issue sometimes, but not all the time?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Taco Tuesday
Yeah, I do this often and never have had a problem. I agree it must be a bummer. Interesting that it is inconsistent among individuals. Does anyone have the issue sometimes, but not all the time?
Yeah, I wonder if it's browser and/or computer type specific as things like this often are? Someone mentioned it working on the app. Those of you getting the error might try it on the app to see if it works.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by mtofell
Yeah, I wonder if it's browser and/or computer type specific as things like this often are? Someone mentioned it working on the app. Those of you getting the error might try it on the app to see if it works.
Yes... I would try this on other computers to see what happens. Seems like if this was common, there would be way more folks complaining. And we KNOW lots of folks here have done constant changes taking advantage of the MAX schedule thing.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 11:12 am
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Like many others, my company uses Concur and that prevents me from being able to make any changes online. Apparently it's the same for all OTAs. Very frustrating, especially since I can make changes to Delta and United tickets online that were also booked via Concur. You'd think SW would figure out that they could dramatically reduce their phone agents if they fixed this.
joshua362 and Jon Maiman like this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oreocookies
No. I always book flights directly on Southwest.com myself, logged into my personal Rapid Rewards account.

And, to help out... do you "search" for your flight, or pick it from "My Account"?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by harold
Like many others, my company uses Concur and that prevents me from being able to make any changes online. Apparently it's the same for all OTAs. Very frustrating, especially since I can make changes to Delta and United tickets online that were also booked via Concur. You'd think SW would figure out that they could dramatically reduce their phone agents if they fixed this.
FWIW, I used to just cancel the Concur booked ticket, save as TTF and rebook on my own. Lots of extra record keeping though as it rarely was an even exchange...
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Changing a flight has never worked for me. I stopped even trying over 2 years ago. I just book a "new" flight and cancel the old flight every time I want to make a change.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mtofell
It's definitely not a browser issue. As I said in my original post, I've tried different browsers and different computers, I've tried the app, etc. To be more specific, I've tried on a Macbook, a Windows PC, an Android phone. I've tried on Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer. It just doesn't work. My mom, meanwhile, has no problem and changes her flights all the time. I feel like it's an account issue or something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.