Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SW Biz cards - combine both to get CP?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

SW Biz cards - combine both to get CP?

Chase seems to have two different SW business credit cards avail - with 70k and 60k rr point bonuses respectively. If I’m under 5/24 (by 1), and have the personal chase sw card, can I apply for both chase biz cards t once, get both bonuses after spend rqts, and get the CP for 2020+2021 (if enduring spend hits in Jan)
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by NDS88
Chase seems to have two different SW business credit cards avail - with 70k and 60k rr point bonuses respectively. If I’m under 5/24 (by 1), and have the personal chase sw card, can I apply for both chase biz cards t once, get both bonuses after spend rqts, and get the CP for 2020+2021 (if enduring spend hits in Jan)

Yes
Old Nov 18, 2019, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
If you scroll down the first page or two - you will see a few thousand posts about doing this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:46 am

Southwest business cards

Do they count towards 5/24? Think husband is under by 1 but not positive when they drop off.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Do they count towards 5/24? Think husband is under by 1 but not positive when they drop off.

They do not count towards 5/24 but must have min 30 days between business card applications. Check out this thread on reddit for some in depth reading about 5/24.

Last edited by willywilkes; Nov 26, 2019 at 11:49 am Reason: Add quote
Old Nov 26, 2019, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by willywilkes
They do not count towards 5/24 but must have min 30 days between business card applications. Check out this thread on reddit for some in depth reading about 5/24.

The "word" has been to do the 30 day. In October I did biz, then waited until that was approved a week later... waiting until that arrived and did the personal. Was under 30 days. I have done a few charges on each one and they are now in the drawer waiting until the December statement closes. At that time I will spend away to get the bonus on the Jan 18th statement. Already have 4 flights booked waiting to add companion.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
The "word" has been to do the 30 day. In October I did biz, then waited until that was approved a week later... waiting until that arrived and did the personal. Was under 30 days. I have done a few charges on each one and they are now in the drawer waiting until the December statement closes. At that time I will spend away to get the bonus on the Jan 18th statement. Already have 4 flights booked waiting to add companion.
Originally Posted by willywilkes
No stress..........Under 30 days is fine for the scenario you described ( a business card followed by a personal card) but should a person want 2 Chase BUSINESS cards I would give it at least 30 days between apps . YMMV
NoStressHere likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Any issues just to apply in own name/SSN as `sole proprietorship', no DBA or LLC or anything?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 2:37 pm

Any issues just to apply in own name/SSN as `sole proprietorship', no DBA or LLC or anything?
No issue, plenty of people do. Much more helpful if you are a legit sole proprietor - Chase can sometimes require additional info like current years income, projected next year, nature of the business, etc.. I think they can technically require proof of things but I believe that would be a pretty rare occurrence.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Various message boards have posted about folks that just STARTED a business and list zero income, zero employees, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.