737 MAX

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 9:43 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Not currently.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Great news! FAA says it will handle all approvals for new 737-MAX.

Boeing will resuming deliveries the 737-MAX aircraft to the airlines in December. They will put back to service in January.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...jets/40714421/
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA Silver
That is NOT what the article said. Did you even read it? Why is it great news to rush a dangerous plane back into service.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by geo979
That is NOT what the article said. Did you even read it? Why is it great news to rush a dangerous plane back into service.
Before making a further jerk of yourself, you might want to make yourself aware of the communications challenges OP (who has been around here far longer than you have) has overcome.
steved5480 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Before making a further jerk of yourself, you might want to make yourself aware of the communications challenges OP (who has been around here far longer than you have) has overcome.
Um, before you make a further jerk of yourself you might want to read the article. If you do, you'll realize it will likely be quite a while before the MAX is back in service.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I don't care if the FAA certifies the plane, I won't be boarding one for as long as WN truthfully disclose the aircraft type. Nothing really new here.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by smmrfld
And how does one do this? Are people supposed to scroll through the entire posting history of everyone we respond to just to get to know them better?
JB OmahAA likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
I don't care if the FAA certifies the plane, I won't be boarding one for as long as WN truthfully disclose the aircraft type. Nothing really new here.
...what?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
CNBC 27 Nov 2019: FAA tightens grip on Boeing with plan to individually review each new 737 Max jetliner

KEY POINTS
  • The FAA told Boeing that it plans to inspect each 737 Max plane individually.
  • The agency reiterated it has no firm time frame to certify the jets, grounded since mid-March after two crashes.
  • Boeing has said that it expects to get regulator approval this year and that it welcomes the oversight.
sdsearch and ursine1 like this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:15 pm
jmw

My trust in the FAA is lower than the Chinese authorities, who at least have a politically vested interest in finding anything bad about an American built plane.

I won't be boarding the 737max even if the FAA blesses it. I will make sure my fellow passengers at the gate know it was a last minute swap to a max. Good luck trying to rush this back into service FAA/WN/AA/UA without the blessing of the other more trustworthy non-US/Canadian regulators.
Boraxo and ryw like this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:33 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by jmw
I won't be boarding the 737max even if the FAA blesses it.
More seats for me. If I get 3 seats I can sleep all the way!

Unfortunately my short-haul flights rarely were allocated a MAX8 when it was flying.
smmrfld likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by jmw
My trust in the FAA is lower than the Chinese authorities, who at least have a politically vested interest in finding anything bad about an American built plane.

I won't be boarding the 737max even if the FAA blesses it. I will make sure my fellow passengers at the gate know it was a last minute swap to a max. Good luck trying to rush this back into service FAA/WN/AA/UA without the blessing of the other more trustworthy non-US/Canadian regulators.
So we trust the Chinese government more than the US or Canadian governments and grounding a plane for 9 months and counting is rushing it back into service? I would hate to see what taking their time would look like.
joshua362 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by jmw
Good luck trying to rush this back into service FAA/WN/AA/UA without the blessing of the other more trustworthy non-US/Canadian regulators.
Speaking of Canadian regulators, it appears that they are on to something and have determined a most rational solution for ultimately returning this airplane to service: Canadian Official Calls for Removal of Key Software From 737 Max

“MCAS has to go,” a manager at Canada’s aviation regulator said in an email to global peers, referring to software in the Boeing plane

At least with MCAS gone, pax won't have to worry about HAL9000 turning the plane into a lawn dart. Pilots will, however, have to brush up on stall recovery techniques.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH

Great news! FAA says it will handle all approvals for new 737-MAX.

Boeing will resuming deliveries the 737-MAX aircraft to the airlines in December. They will put back to service in January.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...jets/40714421/
The FAA that took Boeing's word for it before two planes crashed and were asleep at the wheel? That FAA? You view this as "great news?"
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:02 pm

Boeing 737 Max Was Plagued With Production Problems, Whistle-Blower Says

Ed Pierson, a former senior manager at the 737 factory, believes production problems may have contributed to two deadly crashes. He will testify before Congress on Wednesday.

Employees at the Renton, Wash., factory where the Max is produced were overworked, exhausted and making mistakes, Mr. Pierson said in an interview. A cascade of damaged parts, missing tools and incomplete instructions was preventing planes from being built on time. Executives were pressuring workers to complete planes despite staff shortages and a chaotic factory floor.

“Frankly right now all my internal warning bells are going off,” Mr.Pierson said in an email to the head of the 737 program in June 2018 that was reviewed by The New York Times. “And for the first time in my life,I’m sorry to say that I’m hesitant about putting my family on a Boeing airplane.
Holy crap!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.