SWA.... you failed here!

Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Oxnardjan
I was totally lost with the typecasting and statements in quotes, those comments reduced any credibility on his credentials and professionalism in my mind. I bet there was some bias on the part of SWA employees with the attire and obvious political leanings that may have escalated the desire to charge extra for the baggage.
The dude is definitely one of those drama queen bloggers who goes out of their way to create a scene so they can write a blog post in a desperate attempt to get their third rate blog to go viral.
joshua362, Tanic, oopsz and 4 others like this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:02 am

Sounds like just the kind of guy who shouldn't be allowed a gun and badge.
steved5480 and MichaelBaku like this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
He's not quite "stolen valor" but it makes me think of guys like that. I have no idea if this guy is an ex-cop or what, but unfortunately there are a whole lot of heavy "blue lives matter" types out there, both on and off the force.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tl;dr version: DYKWIA right wing blogger meets power-tripping agent. (Or possibly just an uncompromising agent, since the blogger's ridiculous unnecessary and insulting stereotyped portrayal renders his "report" on the event suspect.)
NextTrip and TXJeepGuy like this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Any time there inconsistent application of rules it's frustrating for customers so I get his being upset about being charged for the bags. Not so much the way he described it but I get it. What, for me, ruined his credibility was his insistence that WN was lying about the Priority Lane. Any time you've got multiple entities involved and people answering questions that weren't in the meeting when the decision was made, you've got the opportunity to be misinformed. Doesn't mean people are lying, just means they didn't necessarily know exactly what happened. But even more than that, all three entities said it was someone else's fault and he chooses to believe the one that supports his narrative, regardless of the veracity of any of the explanations.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:30 pm
Formerly known as billinaz
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by LegalTender
SWA succeeded here. The waivers go to "a representative of a network or local television broadcasting company or a commercial filmmaking company." Attention seekers "wearing an LE hat and a hoodie designed by Proud Pig, a company run by retired NYPD officers" can go pound sand.

Anyone can order Vistaprint cards for "The First Church of the Gooey Death & Discount House of Worship" but it doesn't get you 501(c)(3) property tax exemption.
Wrong.

They definitely qualify as media. Reporting news is that by definition.

LET has been established for some time now.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112

Because he kept his cool and dealt with the condescending ticket agent like an adult?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jco613
While technically not in the rules any respectful media organization would do their best to call the airline or airport in advance to make them aware of this, or have an email. You should always make arrangements for special circumstances. It’s just the right thing to do.

I didn’t watch the video I’d click the link. It’s click bait.
Im sure every media outlet does just that.

Seriously?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by SpaceCoastBill
Because he kept his cool and dealt with the condescending ticket agent like an adult?
Spending what I assume was hours creating a blog post that attacks the airline over an inconsistent policy is not "keeping his cool" or acting "like an adult" in my book.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:26 pm

I don't believe any SWA supervisor told Reyes, “You can complain to your little cop buddies. Go ahead and write a little blog about it to your two followers."

And if you claim "50 million readers," don't plagiarize a well-known movie...speaking of credibility.

steved5480 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:26 pm

What bothers me most about this article is the way writer Kyle S. Reyes puts quotes around the words he writes in the obvious attempt to tell the readers the ethnicity of the two Chicago employees.

No bueno!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:40 pm

You must be referred to an article other than the one you posted, because the one you posted clearly showed him being a whiny, self-entitled blogger looking for a fight in a desperate (and transparent) attempt to play the victim card so he could get some more clicks to his no name blog.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by LegalTender
I don't believe any SWA supervisor told Reyes, “You can complain to your little cop buddies. Go ahead and write a little blog about it to your two followers."

And if you claim "50 million readers," don't plagiarize a well-known movie...speaking of credibility.

Ironically, that is a quote from the movie's VILLAIN, a man who ordered the brutalization of one of his subordinates and indirectly caused the subordinate's death, then committed and solicited multiple other crimes to cover up his involvement.
ursine1 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 5:25 pm

Saw this also posted on the Southwest Community website by Spacecost Bill. The individual in question is not a cop or a media member. He's a guy that runs a website who dresses like a cop. I had a website for a while, but I never felt that it qualified me to lug overweight bags of equipment onto a plane.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
Everyone's bias on how your perceive what he wrote is amazing....and frankly sad.

Regardless of how you "feel" about either party or how the scenario was presented the fact is that he is indeed correct under the terms of the program as written by Southwest and explained to me by corporate.

Does not matter if he's was a wanna be cop with a chip on his shoulder looking for a fight or GA was a stereotypical African American with a beef against law enforcement that was power trippin...he was in the right. Perception does not change the facts.

Last edited by PAX62; Nov 24, 2019 at 7:59 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.