Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

how many days after points post is CP issued?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2019, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN

(typically)

thanks in advance
Old Nov 16, 2019, 10:39 am

once all the points are sent to SWA and received its usually 1-2 business days. This is from experience about 2 years ago sorry for no recent data points, but quick nonetheless.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:32 pm

My statement closed, points posted, and companion pass activated all the same day this go around. This data point is from last week. In the past when I've earned it through credit card bonuses it has taken a couple days after the statement closed.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN
awesome.

ive also read (though ive never seen it in practice), people say that points can post to RR at *ANYTIME*, not just statement closing

i want the points on the statement closing 1/8 but i dont want to risk them posting in december. is this an actual thing that has ever been documented happening?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by jerryfreak
awesome.

ive also read (though ive never seen it in practice), people say that points can post to RR at *ANYTIME*, not just statement closing

i want the points on the statement closing 1/8 but i dont want to risk them posting in december. is this an actual thing that has ever been documented happening?
From what I have read, WN could care less when you buy anything, when it clears or even if you pay your bill on time. Chase sends over points and WN posts em.

Not saying it can not happen, but everything I have seen indicates nothing happens until Chase process a statement, and then sends them over to WN.

Based on reading hundreds of posts, I often see people trying to track due dates, spend dates, etc. Folks often talk about something they bought but did not show on their statement and they blame just about everyone. Only one that counts as far as I know is the actual closing date. And, the only thing that counts are compelted transactions. Not pending. Not held up by the vendor,etc.

Good luck.

Last edited by NoStressHere; Nov 18, 2019 at 3:11 pm
Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:42 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
CP has always activated for me within a few days of CC points posting.

There are two aspects to the risk of CC points posting early. The first, and by far the most common, is that you accidentally hit the spending target a cycle or two early. That happened to me earlier this year when I purchased a few WN airfares then had to refund and rebook them. The gross purchases totaled over $3k and Chase awarded the big sign-up bonus on my first statement even though the refunds were applied on the same statement and brought my balance due to well below $3,000. The same thing could happen with a mistaken charge (merchant accidentally bills you twice then corrects it) or even a fraudulent charge. For me the timing didn't matter, but for someone like you aiming for completion in early January it would be a big setback.

The second aspect of timing risk is that Chase posts the points to WN early, out of cycle. This is far less common than the cases I outlined above. In fact I'm not familiar with any specific case where this has occurred, though FT lore over on the Chase CC forum (where there are far more discussions of this sort of stuff) holds that it has happened at some time in the past. By this logic it is recommended that you hold well short of your spending target until 1 January then make the final spend-- but quickly, because there are also reports of problems with Chase sometimes not counting all charges made in the last few days of the cycle toward the bonus target!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.