Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will BNA become a base for WN?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Will BNA become a base for WN?

I have heard that WN plans to make BNA a base sometime within 2-3 years and they would like to take to 200+ as well in the super long term once BNA builds more gates.

Can anyone comment on this?
Old Nov 15, 2019, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by AvgeekDL
I have heard that WN plans to make BNA a base sometime within 2-3 years and they would like to take to 200+ as well in the super long term once BNA builds more gates.

Heard the same thing about MCI. Once they build new gates.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: Southwest A+/CP, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by LegalTender
Heard the same thing about MCI. Once they build new gates.
I'd be surprised if they used MCI as a base with the amount of growth at STL. In talking to FAs and Pilots, they've been told to expect STL to become a base soon.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Though the airport is going through a major update and expansion - they are only adding 6 new gates. So... not a major expansion.

I wonder how many flights a day each gate can handle?

My guess.... lets go with 16 hours at 90 minutes per turn - landing, deplaning, going back out. That is 10-11 more flights or 60-70 more?

I wonder what the plans are for which carriers whey will move to the new concourse? And would that even help SW at all. They currently have the bulk of flights in their concourse now along with a handful of AA gates. AA also has their lounge there.

Hmmmmm
Old Nov 15, 2019, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by aaronp84
I'd be surprised if they used MCI as a base with the amount of growth at STL. In talking to FAs and Pilots, they've been told to expect STL to become a base soon.
MCI and STL are no farther apart than ATL is from BNA. The 'enhanced growth' argument has a dozen predicates. And not a few unforeseen contingencies.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 1:36 pm

I heard Delta is planning on building a focus city in Austin, TX (with the possibility of it evolving into a hub long term). I saw the article on KXAN, but there is no additional information since then, what is going on?
That was 08/2018. Is the hub build-out progressing?

Too many of these with a grain of salt will ruin your blood pressure.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA

plans......?????

its already a hub

i don’t see MCI being a hub...thry expanded in Denver making the airport a hub. Love girls open expanding service from there also iccured.

something I could see happening...if Alaska snd jrt Blue merged. Thry need a central US hub site which could be KC or STL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.