Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Laithwaites Wine bonus points: CP qualifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2019, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Just received a mailer with the Laithwaites Wine offer -- does anyone happen to know for sure if the 2000 bonus points are or are not CP qualifying? The fine print says they're not, but reports are that they have been in the past. And the Southwest info here suggests that they might be. So I'm looking for any actual data points. I suspect they're not... but does anyone have any experience?

I'm very close to CP qualification, but since it likely won't get much use, I don't want to go too far in trying to qualify last minute. $50 for 2000 points (plus some likely mediocre but at least giftable wine) seems doable, if they're CPQ.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I did this & the WSJ offer in 2017 and *assume* i'll be able to see but once I logged in, I can't do/see/go anything with my account right now, it just hangs. I'll check back later...
ursine1 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joshua362
I did this & the WSJ offer in 2017 and *assume* i'll be able to see but once I logged in, I can't do/see/go anything with my account right now, it just hangs. I'll check back later...
Thanks for offering... even once it's working, I think you can only view as far back as 2018.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by ursine1
Thanks for offering... even once it's working, I think you can only view as far back as 2018.
You are correct Sir! Only this year and one prior. Sorry, Chrome still not working but Foxfire did.
ursine1 likes this.

Last edited by joshua362; Nov 10, 2019 at 12:46 pm
Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:39 pm

Just received a mailer with the Laithwaites Wine offer -- does anyone happen to know for sure if the 2000 bonus points are or are not CP qualifying? The fine print says they're not, but reports are that they have been in the past. And the Southwest info here suggests that they might be. So I'm looking for any actual data points. I suspect they're not... but does anyone have any experience?

I'm very close to CP qualification, but since it likely won't get much use, I don't want to go too far in trying to qualify last minute. $50 for 2000 points (plus some likely mediocre but at least giftable wine) seems doable, if they're CPQ.
I used it a few years ago and they were CPQP

I don't drink wine but my wife does and she said it wasn't bad

https://www.southwestaircommunity.co...-p/64702#M2717
ursine1 likes this.

Last edited by flyer4512; Nov 10, 2019 at 7:46 pm
Old Dec 16, 2019, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Update: The 2,000 bonus points posted to my Southwest account today, and unfortunately they are not Companion Pass qualifying. If they were in the past that has definitely changed.
flyer4512 and synergistic like this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 10:00 am

Update: The 2,000 bonus points posted to my Southwest account today, and unfortunately they are not Companion Pass qualifying. If they were in the past that has definitely changed.
Well to update this for 2022 - unfortunately this still appears to be the case that the bonus points are not CP qualifying. Also fwiw, the points posted exactly 30d after the wine purchase was made.
ursine1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.