Rapid Rewards 25K Bonus Promotion

Old Nov 5, 19, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
Rapid Rewards 25K Bonus Promotion

I saw this this morning and my apologies if it has been posted elsewhere. There is a need to register and it only applies to RR credit card holders.

Interestingly...these bonus points apply towards a companion pass.
Old Nov 5, 19, 12:05 pm

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I was rather excited about this since I am about to spend $6k across two new credit cards and would have considered even more.

BUT - you must have at least $35,000 in credit card spend to get any bonus.

Credit to WN for already answering the question about sign up bonus points counting - they don't.
Old Nov 5, 19, 1:10 pm

I received this one. Only need to spend 6k points to get 25% bonus. Thank you Southwest. I am surprised I received it, they normally don't give me promos that require spend because they know I make the spend.

Terms and Conditions

To be eligible for this bonus offer, you must register between 11/1/2019 and 2/29/2020 11:59 p.m. ET and have a minimum of 6,000 points earned from Rapid Rewards Credit Card post to your Rapid Rewards account during the promotion period of 12/1/2019 and 2/29/2020. You will qualify for and receive a 25% bonus on points earned from your Rapid Rewards credit card which are also posted to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account during the promotional period. Points that are earned from your Rapid Rewards credit card during the promotional period but are not posted to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account during the promotional period will not receive the 25% bonus points. The 25% bonus points will count towards Companion Pass qualification, but will not count toward A-List or A-List Preferred qualification. Please allow up to 8 weeks after the end of the promotional period for the 25% bonus points to post to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account. Maximum bonus point accumulation during the promotional period is 25,000 bonus points per Rapid Rewards account. Bonus points earned from Chase on a new credit card promotion will not be eligible for the 25% bonus. Points transferred from Chase Ultimate Rewards to Southwest Rapid Rewards will not be eligible for the 25% bonus. Only the Rapid Rewards® member who received this offer from Southwest Airlines® is eligible for this promotion. Offer is nontransferable. Chase is not responsible for the provision of or failure to provide the stated benefits and services. Bonus points will post directly to your Southwest Rapid Rewards® account and will not appear on your credit card statement. To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.
Old Nov 5, 19, 1:57 pm

No love for me, but P2 has one - 25% with at least 50,000 points posted. Ouch.
Old Nov 5, 19, 5:51 pm

This is the 3rd (?) round of this promo. I received this latest offer as 25%, 25,000 spend, 25,000 max earn. Earlier in the year I received and qualified for the 1st one of these (because of the sign up bonus, which did count towards spend despite the disclosure stating otherwise), and received almost 10,000 bonus points, but I didn't make the spend minimum for the last one. I suspect I won't make it for this one either.
Old Nov 5, 19, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
When I saw this the first question that popped into my mind why would I spend this on my RR Visa when I can instead spend it on my Amex Plat - or even AF MC?

RR is fine and certainly has its benefits - but it also has its limitations. And frankly for this type of monthly spending there are very viable alternatives.
Old Nov 5, 19, 9:20 pm

$50k here.
synergistic likes this.
Old Nov 5, 19, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld View Post
$50k here.
Heh, me too. Wouldn't have chased 6k->8k either, but 50k is laughable
Old Nov 6, 19, 3:51 am

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by CoMooter View Post
When I saw this the first question that popped into my mind why would I spend this on my RR Visa when I can instead spend it on my Amex Plat - or even AF MC?

RR is fine and certainly has its benefits - but it also has its limitations. And frankly for this type of monthly spending there are very viable alternatives.

So very true. Regular spend is at 1% - this makes it 1.25%. To be fair, WN points are worth about 1.5 cents each for flights.

Cash back or higher points with some other cards is probably better.

Or getting a 2nd WN card for those that do not already have two.

Last edited by NoStressHere; Nov 6, 19 at 4:02 am
Old Nov 6, 19, 5:48 am

Programs: Southwest Airlines, Marriot
Prohibited content removed. (Post it in the dedicated thread in the credit card forum.)

Last edited by nsx; Nov 6, 19 at 8:08 am
Old Nov 6, 19, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by ursine1 View Post
This is the 3rd (?) round of this promo. I received this latest offer as 25%, 25,000 spend, 25,000 max earn. Earlier in the year I received and qualified for the 1st one of these (because of the sign up bonus, which did count towards spend despite the disclosure stating otherwise), and received almost 10,000 bonus points, but I didn't make the spend minimum for the last one. I suspect I won't make it for this one either.

Your sign up bonus counted? How much did you get? I have an 80k CC sign up bonus that's going to happen in January. Would be especially tasty if I got 25% on the 80k points.
Old Nov 6, 19, 8:45 am

NOT ALL OFFERS ARE THE SAME.

Just went online to check into this promotion and mine says:

To be eligible for this bonus offer, you must register between 11/1/2019 and 2/29/2020 11:59 p.m. ET and have a minimum of 8,000 points earned from Rapid Rewards Credit Card post to your Rapid Rewards account during the promotion period of 12/1/2019 and 2/29/2020
Old Nov 6, 19, 9:17 am

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Silver w/Club Card. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
50 k for me also
Old Nov 6, 19, 10:32 am

We got it and signed up but I doubt we'll get anything. They only thing I use my RR card for is purchasing tickets on Southwest.
Old Nov 6, 19, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
As posted many times here, pretty much the only reason actually to spend on a WN CC is if you are going for Companion-Pass-qualifying points in that specific calendar year.

Otherwise a Sapphire or cashback or other card is almost certainly superior.
joshua362 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: