Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding dilemma, "Obey instructions".....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2019, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
I wish Southwest would fix their boarding number system to not give someone a boarding position that was recently cancelled. Situations like this would not happen (granted, it's all the OP's fault, but still, assigning sequential numbers would avoid having a ticket counter agent having to spend time on this for those responsible passengers who want to fix it rather than waiting until the last second at the gate and throwing a fit). Another situation is someone with no status and no EB gets A18 (because the original A18 just cancelled), which has the same effect as cutting in line.

Group A has numbers from 1 to 60. Group B has numbers from 1 to 60. Group C has no upper limit on the numbers since it's the last group.

Say that 5 BS positions are unfilled and 20 people in group A cancelled their reservations after checking in. The result should be that the A boarding group only has 35 people in it, and the C boarding numbers go 20 higher than it normally would. Problem solved!

Also, I think Southwest should assign sequential A boarding positions to A-listers who have other passengers on the same PNR. It is not the same as a group of 3 passengers on a legacy airline where one got an upgrade to First Class. Southwest has no First Class, just early boarding which is not worth nearly as much as a First Class seat. The additional profit given to Southwest by an A-lister who brings three more people with him should be rewarded as such. There's just no way that there would be so many A-listers with lots of passengers on the same itinerary that the last A-lister to board has to take a center seat.

Last edited by Kevin AA; Nov 7, 2019 at 2:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.