Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Odds of upgraded boarding

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I would go with this.

There are some folks here that would not even allow saving a seat on the wing. Hopefully this will not turn into another discussion about saving. We already have 7,392 posts about that. LOL!
I was just wanting to know if all four upgrades expire on 12/31 or if the unused ones will carry over into the remaining 12 months. Thanks
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by terpfan101
Flying BWI to SJC next Tuesday and flight is only selling four more seats. Haven’t bought EBCI and was going to do upgraded boarding and checkin at 24 hours. Not sure EBCI would help much now. So since almost sold out is it still possible to have ability to buy A1-A15? Am I looking at mid B boarding position at t-24?
If you are starting from T24 check in likely gets you a B40-C5 booking number

too many connecting flights puch you down in the queue at T24. because BWI is a hub
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by carraher
I was just wanting to know if all four upgrades expire on 12/31 or if the unused ones will carry over into the remaining 12 months. Thanks
Pretty sure upgrades are on YOUR year - based on card renewal, but not 100% sure or where to check that.
Tanic likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:05 pm

It's anniversary year. The terms and Conditions state this. It's a good idea to save a copy of these when you apply.

SOUTHWEST UPGRADED BOARDINGS

Each anniversary year you will be reimbursed for the purchase of up to 4 Upgraded Boardings which are positions A1-A15. Upgraded Boardings may be purchased at the departure gate or ticket counter on the day of travel only, when available. Price of Upgraded Boardings is based on your itinerary. Anniversary year means the year beginning with your account open date through the first statement date after your account open date anniversary, and the 12 monthly billing cycles after that each year. Eligibility for Upgraded Boardings are for accounts that switch to this product: Account open date is the date the switch is official in the Chase system. After you make your purchase with your Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Card, you will receive a statement credit for the price of the Upgraded Boardings. Statement credit and purchase of Upgraded Boardings may not post on the same statement; please allow up to 8 weeks for the statement credit(s) to post to your account. You may purchase all 4 Upgraded Boardings at one time or on separate flights; you will only be reimbursed via statement credit for the first four Upgraded Boardings you purchase during your anniversary year. Account must be open and not in default at the time the statement credit is posted to your account.
Tanic likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:28 pm

Thank you.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:58 pm

The Southwest Priority credit card has the benefit of four free upgraded boardings per year. I'm not clear as to whether that is a calendar year or 365 days from the first time the option is exercised. I've got four available but don't know whether they expire on 12/31. My wife and I are flying tomorrow and don't know whether to purchase two upgraded seats (reimbursable to the credit card) or just one and save a seat for her. Thanks to anyone who knows the answer.
The 4 upgraded boardings are based upon your account anniversary.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:59 pm

The upgrades are use it or lose it
Old Oct 31, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by smmrfld
BS is frequently full intra-CA.
that’s my experience too, especially to/from sna
Old Nov 2, 2019, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, will checkin at T-24 and when I arrive at the airport go to ticket counter to try and buy the upgraded boarding if line is too long will go to gate.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Beachchaser
The 4 upgraded boardings are based upon your account anniversary.
Is account anniversary based on the day the card was opened or the day the annual fee post? or some other random date?
Old Nov 2, 2019, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Tarhee1
Is account anniversary based on the day the card was opened or the day the annual fee post? or some other random date?
Anniversary year means the year beginning with your account open date through the first statement date after your account open date anniversary, and the 12 monthly billing cycles after that each year.
I posted the terms upthread.

It's a good idea to save a copy of these when you apply.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: WN
Originally Posted by Peoriaman1
I fly a lot of 5:30 AM flights and I find most people aren't awake and online at T-24 so I almost always get a good number at T-24 even if I'm thirty seconds or a minute late. Your mileage may vary, and flights later in the day might be totally different.
they are totally different, solely because the later in the day a flight is, the more chance it is a connecting segment from an earlier flight for some people. Thus you have people checking in at T-30 or more for flight segments which are near the end of their trip
Old Nov 4, 2019, 3:08 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by Tarhee1
Not random at all. It's your anniversary date.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:59 am
Original Poster

OP here. Checked in at T-24 and got B19. Since I had the four upgraded boardings to use on this very long flight figured I should make use of it. Went to ticket counter about 70 minutes before flight and got A7. Unfortunately only was able to snag exit row duo aisle seat which doesn’t have the greatest leg room but oh well. Thanks for those who replied.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.